Monday, November 6, 2017

#INKRIPPLES FINISHING THAT BOOK

Quote for the week:  I can shake off everything as I write, my sorrows disappear, my courage is reborn. Anne Frank

Today is #InkRipple Day, and it sure fits me right now. The topic is Finishing That Book. Boy, do I need that. I hang my head in shame.

Why? Well, I have four stories started: one I'm revising, one is in rough draft, another is ready for revising, and the last is just a title with a character. Oh, and that's not counting an historical story that I'm about halfway through, or was before I decided to work on a different one. So, what is wrong with me. Why can't I finish one book before I start another? Am I afraid to finish, afraid they will be blah, no good, boring, etc?

I started revising one a few days ago and swear I'm sticking with it until the end. I'd like to have it ready to submit soon.

There's also the two books I now have my contracts back. Hope to revise them and publish.

So, have you ever been like this? Just can't seem to finish anything? If so, did you find an answer?


#InkRipples is a monthly meme created by Kai Strand, Mary Waibel, and Katie L. Carroll. They post on the first Monday of every month with a new topic. They're all authors, but you don't have to be to participate. You can spread your own ripples any day of the week, just be sure to link back to Katie, Kai, and Mary. Happy Ripples to you.

December's Topic is GOALS

Happy Reading!


16 comments:

  1. That quote Beverly is something I can relate to,
    Thanks for sharing.
    Another great post.
    Enjoy this new week.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good quote, Yvonne. You're welcome. I thought people might relate to it.

      Delete
  2. Loved the Ann Frank quote. So inspiring and true when I just sit down and write. There's nothing wrong with you. You have finished books and published them. Sounds like you have a good plan to try to stick with the one you're revising. I only have one finished project and I had to put it away and say it was a practice book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann Frank is an inspiration for sure, Natalie. Yes, I think I'm just in a slump. Will get through it.
      A practice book? Well, someday, you might take another look at it, make some changes, and ... One never knows. Have a great week.

      Delete
  3. I just work on one project at a time (otherwise I get confused) but I have one now I can't seem to finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand confused, Alex. Having trouble finishing a story is familiar too. You can do it. That's been my problem lately, but it will come to you. Try different ideas. Good luck.

      Delete
  4. Great quote, Beverly! Good luck on your revisions. In theory, I try to stick with one though end up getting stuck for a bit and then moving on which does make it difficult to pick back up when I go back to the previous project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karin. Yes, I understand. It will work out though. We just have to keep going. I have a spiral notebook for each story with what's happened so I can go back and have a quick look. Have a good week.

      Delete
  5. haha that is way I stay ahead. Then when I jump to a new one no one knows as I have another ready to release. Got like 8 on the go now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So that's your secret for publishing so many books, Pat. That's encouraging. My inspiration. Thanks.

      Delete
  6. You are a writing machine! Keep going, Beverly. I miss not doing Ink Ripples. It was fun and easy, but just one too many things to keep going. If it continues, I hope to jump back in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try, c lee. I've been around a long time. Can't quit now. :) It would be great to see you back with your InkRipples. Have a lovely week.

      Delete
  7. Very ambitious! And also to make December a month of goals. For me, December is usually just about survival.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha,Ha, I understand, Karen. My Decembers have changed a lot from the past. Everyone is so scattered now I never know who will show up for the holidays or if or when, so it's pretty much the same as any month. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  8. I just finished a book yesterday, and it felt so good because there was a lot of research that went into it. I was exhausted afterward. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finishing a book is a great accomplishment, Kelly. Yay for you. Research is fun but also tiring like you said.

      Delete