I’m delighted to interview Katie Hines, author of Guardian, a middle grade urban fantasy, for her virtual book tour. She patiently replied to the questions I asked. Here’s what Katie has to say:
1. Who is your favorite character in Guardian? My favorite character would have to be Desiree because she was the most fun to create and she fills a traditionally male role.
2. Twitter your story in 140 characters or less. (This one was tough!) Drew made a promise that leads him to an incredible treasure and ancient power, but must defeat an age-old sect claiming it for themselves.
3. What was your favorite book growing up? I suppose it would be A Wrinkle in Time, which I read over and over again, even as an adult.
4. You have no cell phone, computer, electricity, or batteries. How would you spend your day? I’d be in writer’s heaven with my pencil and paper!
5. What are 5 things you especially enjoy doing? I like organizing! If I’m not organized, I feel displaced. I like spending time with my husband and kids. I enjoy playing board games with friends and family, love camping, but my number one thing is reading. Ah, I can never get enough of that.
6. What is your favorite kind of music? Classical.
7. Tell us about your writing schedule. What writing schedule? LOL. I take care of emails first, then work through my “pending” file, and get everything out of the way so I don’t have anything left to do other than write. To be honest, I don’t always use that time to write, as I have to balance my writing life with my personal life and the needs of running a household.
8. Do you outline your stories or just let them flow? I do some general outlining. I know what a chapter is going to do in a particular chapter. Flow? Well, sometimes I have a wonderful flowing experience, but most of the time it is more a matter of wrenching the story from me. I much prefer to edit, but you can’t edit what you don’t write!
9. Where can your fans reach you? Through my website at http://www.katiehines.com or email through firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. What are your goals/plans for 2010? I’m getting this blog tour behind me, but will continue to market and promote my book in other venues. I’d like to do some school visits and book signings, and those things are in the works. Most of all, I want to finish a second middle grade story that I am writing and begin editing.
Guardian to some lucky person. All you have to do is leave a comment, and at the end of the tour a winner will be chosen. Guardian can be purchased at 4 RV Publishing, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and other leading book stores.
Don't you just love the cover.