Monday, July 24, 2017

STILL ME ... AFTER ALL THESE YEARS REVIEW

Quote of the week:

Today, I'd like to share an anthology I just finished reading. The stories are great no matter your age.

STILL ME ... AFTER ALL THESE YEARS



STILL ME…AFTER ALL THESE YEARS

24 Writers Reflect on Aging

By Karen Helene Walker



“Grow old along with me! The best is yet to be, The last of life for which the first was made; Our times are in His hand…” As I read the stories in the anthology STILL ME…AFTER ALL THESE YEARS, Poet Robert Browning’s words from RABBI BEN EZRA came to mind. I never really thought about them when I was younger, but now I understand what he was saying, at least what it means to me.


As we go through life we learn, at least we should. And in the individual stories of this anthology we see that just because one is growing older doesn’t mean their active life is over. Quite the contrary. Many new adventures are waiting for us, if we just recognize them. We see this in these stories. Some discuss physical changes in our bodies. So, our hair turns gray, our muscles grow flabby. That doesn’t mean we can’t still dance and swim and do the things we enjoy doing.


Losing parents and other family members is heartbreaking, but as one story mentions we still have the wisdom we learned from our parents and/or siblings.


These stories will have you laughing, and thinking, and counting your blessings, so pick up a copy and enjoy STILL ME …AFTER ALL THESE YEARS. I think you’ll be glad you did.


Have a lovely week.

Happy Reading.

18 comments:

  1. I can relate to your wonderful quote Beverly.
    Wonderful review of a great book and author.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a lot we can do. Although I might need a little practice building back up to doing cartwheels again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha,ha! I hear you, Diane. A little practice can do miracles.

      Delete
  3. We keep learning no matter what comes due as long as we are willing to see it. Sure sounds like a good one indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully, we do, Pat. It's all in our attitude.

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much for the recommendation, Beverly. It sounds like a terrific book. And I so love the quote!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great anthology, Karin. Maybe because I can relate to parts of it.

      Delete
  5. I read this and really enjoyed the the stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are good stories, lee. I nodded at a lot the things that were said.

      Delete
  6. This sounds like an inspiring collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stories are interesting and touching, Chrys.

      Delete
  7. I had so much fun reading this book. Anthologies are great because you never know what the next story will be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anthologies really are fun to read, Stephanie. Each story is different. I especially enjoyed this one.

      Delete
  8. Beautiful review, Beverly! This sounds like a great collection of stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelly. The individual stories are fascinating and some I could relate to.

      Delete
  9. A book I'd definitely like to read, thanks for reviewing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Karen. It is interesting to see the different ways people look at growing older. That's what makes us so unique.

      Delete