Wednesday, June 14, 2017

PIPER MORGAN MAKES A SPLASH REVIEW

Welcome Wednesday. I've been reading a lot lately to catch up. I'm not sure that will ever happen though, because when my mountain of books to read starts getting smaller, I hear about another book that sounds good. Ain't it fun? And this from a girl that hated to read when she was a kid. So, let's look at the latest book from Author Stephanie Faris.

Just looking at this adorable cover tells me it's a fun read.
Even though I'm not a young reader, I loved this story. It's a great addition to the Piper Morgan series.

Here are my thoughts.

PIPER MORGAN MAKES A SPLASH

By Stephanie Faris

Illustrated by Lucy Fleming


A hot summer day. A swimming pool with cool water. What more could a girl want? The delightful Piper Morgan is back with a new adventure.


In PIPER MORGAN MAKES A SPLASH, the latest story in the Piper Morgan series for young readers, Piper’s mom has a new job at the pool place, which leads to all sorts of fun for Piper, or so she hopes. Will Piper get her own pool? Will she have a chance to do a commercial, like the man on TV? She seems to find trouble whatever she does.  Piper is smart, and she tries to be good. She also knows when she messes up.


Throughout the book, black and white illustrations by Lucy Fleming add to the fun of the story. Also, each chapter ends with an interesting “Splash Fact.”


Stephanie Faris has created a cast of characters that could be a real family. Young readers might relate to Piper when her plans don’t always turn out the way she wants them to. I recommend this novel and the other books in the series for young readers and older ones, who enjoy a fun read, too. These books would make a great addition to elementary school classrooms and libraries, as well as your own library. 

Happy Reading.



18 comments:

  1. What a fantastic cover, loved the review Beverly.
    Have a great Wednesday.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this cover and all the others in the series, Yvonne. Thanks. Hope you're Wednesday has been a good one. I'm running late. Had errands to run.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like another hit. What kid doesn't want their own pool?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a great series for young readers, Pat. Yeah, I wouldn't mind having one either.

      Delete
  3. Glad you liked Stephanie's new book. I'm like you. My TBR list is always high, especially now that I started reading more adult fiction too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie knows how to write for young readers so they'll relate to the characters, Natalie. Yes, my reading list was getting shorter, so what did I just do? Order a couple more books, of course. I read all ages.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like another great Piper book. Congrats, Stephanie. Cute cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great story, Karin. The cover just invites the reader to see what's inside.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. So do I, Kelly. They're such fun, and Piper is adorable.

      Delete
  6. Such a cute cover! Wishing Stephanie all the best!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a fun book with an adorable girl, Jess. Perfect for young readers.

      Delete
  7. Aww, thank you so much! This warmed my heart. I didn't know you hated to read as a child. I learned something new about you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love these stories, Stephanie. Wish I had some children to read them. My granddaughters are all grown. Oh, yes, I was out of school and teaching before I discovered what I was missing. Now I'm a readaholic.

      Delete
  8. Piper Morgan rocks! Stephanie Faris is on a roll with this series. I love these books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She sure does, Valerie. These books are great.

      Delete
  9. Piper reminds me of my granddaughter! Sounds like a fun read. Thanks for reviewing.
    JQ Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a fun read, JQ. I imagine a lot of young girls can relate to Piper. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete