Monday, June 19, 2017

AND THE WINNERS ARE

Quote for the week:

Do you like contests? If so, why? If not, why? Everyone has different opinions. And that's alright.
I think contests are fun. And writing, to me is fun, so I sometimes enter a contest. Occasionally, I'm pleasantly surprised. This year has not been a good one. But recently a couple of nice things happened, so I'm smiling, the bad stuff in the past. If you're still reading by now, here's my good news.

My young adult contemporary novel, UNDER A PURPLE MOON, is a finalist in the Next Generation Indie Book Awards. They have a lot of entries so I'm happy with that.



I get a medal, certificate, and seals.  

So now,  Under a Purple Moon is a silver medal winner in the Children's Literary Classics 2016, and a finalist in the Next Generation Indie Book Awards in 2017. Thanks to a wonderful publisher, L. Diane Wolfe and all of your staff for your faith in my story.

 More about the contest.       Amazon             Barnes & Noble

Then last week, I woke one morning to find hairballs in three different rooms. Not the best way to start the day. Later, however, the world got better. I had an email saying my tween/teen historical novel, A FAMILY FOR LEONA, is a finalist in the 2017 Children's Literary Classics. The sunshine came out.




The gold and silver winners will be announced July 1. Leona will be one or the other. A huge thank you to Vivian Zabel, Aidana WillowRaven, and the 4RV staff for giving Leona her chance.

You can learn more here.     Amazon.   And other places.

So, are you entering any contests? 

Happy Reading.

24 comments:

  1. It's lovely to be a winner and be appreciated.
    Most enjoyable post Beverly.
    Happy week to you.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Yvonne. It helps make all those hours of typing worthwhile. :)
      Have a happy week too.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on being a finalist in these contests, Beverly. That's so awesome. Fingers crossed for you. No, I have never entered a contest. I don't have a finished or published book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Natalie. It's fun. You have something to look forward to when your books are published. Best of luck to you. Let me know how it goes.

      Delete
  3. That is awesome indeed. Congrats and hopefully you win both. The cats were just so happy they hairballed a few times lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pat. Yeah, silly cats. And then they looked at me so innocent like.

      Delete
  4. All such wonderful news, Beverly! Keeping my fingers crossed! Congratulations once again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karin. I like that kind of news. I appreciate your support. Have a great week.

      Delete
  5. Congrats on another win! Proves you write quality books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you, Diane. I have good editors, which makes a big difference in the finished product.

      Delete
  6. You're an inspiration, Beverly! Don't stop shining your light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, lee. I don't know about my shining light, but I'll try. :)

      Delete
  7. Congrats! I'm so excited for you and your book babies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kelly. If we just hang in there, good things happen. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  8. So happy for you, my friend. Keep typing away - we need more of your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Darby. My fingers just automatically type. I have no control over them. I'll looking forward to your next one.

      Delete
  9. Congratulations on all these wonderful awards and results. Couldn't happen to a nicer person. You must be over the moon. I do enter contests from time to time and have won some honorable mentions (which have made me happy), but no first or second prizes yet. Contests keep you revved up, I think. Sometimes the submission mode gets tiring and a contest spruces one up and gets one going again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thak you, Elizabeth. I'm having fun. Honorable mentions make me happy too. Keep on. You never know. Contests are a nice change of pace, I think. I've entered some without any results, but it makes me do the best I can because of the competition. Good luck to you.

      Delete
  10. CONGRATULATIONS!!! (On the wins, not the hairballs!) Well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stephanie. I'm happy. Yep, the hairballs are yucky. I've been trying to give Tiger the medicine, but he's suspicious of me and keeps hiding.

      Delete
  11. Beverly, that's so fantastic! I'm so, so happy for you! Bring on the awesome with another round of cheese, eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Crystal. Yep, another round of cheese will work. :)

      Delete
  12. Holy Cow! Congratulations!!! I've entered a few contests. No luck.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations, Beverly! That's great news. And, yes, I like contests and enter them from time to time. It is always nice to win and you can't win if you don't enter.

    ReplyDelete