Monday, May 22, 2017

STORM CLOUDS AND DEER

Quote for the week: Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead.
Louisa Mae Alcott

Last week was hectic with copy edits for Princess Breeze, two critiques I did, reviews, and stormy weather, so I'm sharing pictures with you today. When all the world goes mad, taking pictures relaxes me. Thursday and Friday we had stormy weather in the area and up into Oklahoma. Tornadoes and hail in some places. Those of you that live nearby know. We had wicked looking clouds and rain, good rain which we always need, but no severe weather where I live, though it wasn't too far away. Clouds are beautiful, and this is what I saw.



Those are raindrops on the lens. Yes, I have no sense. I stand outside.

One morning I looked out the bedroom window and this is what I saw. At first, I thought it was a doe, but a closer look showed me the beginning of antlers. They shed their antlers in the winter and grow new ones. He grazed a little while and then went away.

Maybe you can see the antlers better here. I hope he comes back when they're larger. Would love to have a picture then. You also see where they got their name: white-tailed deer.

That's it for me today.

Happy Reading.


16 comments:

  1. Wonderful quote and truly awesome pictures Beverly.
    Enjoy this new week.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Yvonne. I enjoy taking pictures of nature.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful deer.

    Scary clouds. We've not been hit by really bad weather - yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you don't have any bad weather this year, L. Diane. A thunder shower is okay, but not with lightning and tornadoes. :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful pictures, Beverly, and I love the quote. Stormy season does seem to be upon us. I'm glad you were safe. I do so love to watch the clouds during storms though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karin. Stormy now, but the summer will be hot and we'll be wishing for some of that rain, not the scary stuff, of course. Clouds are fascinating.

      Delete
  4. Great shots indeed. He sure was enjoying himself grazing away at your bay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pat. He was just acting like he owned the place. Hope to see him again one day. Wish I could pen him up to keep him away from the hunters.

      Delete
  5. Great job with the pictures! I can never get a good picture of the deer in our yard, but we don't see them this time of year. When it gets colder, they're everywhere. I'm not sure why that is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stephanie. They have to stay still or it is hard to get a good picture. Luckily this one did and grazed for a while. You see them in the winter. That's hunting season here. I'm not sure why either. We see them most anytime.

      Delete
  6. I can definitely see the antlers. He was close.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he was, Alex. Right outside the window, only a chain link fence separating him from the house. Beautiful animal.

      Delete
  7. A great way to relax, Beverly. And the images you captured were lovely. I'll be that little buck will return with a full rack one of these days. You showed off his adolescent antlers perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, C Lee. I hope so. I'd love to see him again. I'd like to capture him and hide him away during hunting season. I was surprised when I noticed the beginning of antlers.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, C Lee. I hope so. I'd love to see him again. I'd like to capture him and hide him away during hunting season. I was surprised when I noticed the beginning of antlers.

      Delete
  8. You've been busy!

    These are great pictures. Glad you found some time to relax.

    ReplyDelete