Wednesday, May 31, 2017

GIRL WITHOUT A FACE REVIEW

Welcome Wednesday. Today I'm so excited to share my latest read with you. So sit back, relax, and enjoy a story that will touch your heart, believe me.


Fascinating cover.

GIRL WITHOUT A FACE
By Medeia Sharif

The teen years are tough. Sometimes a teen does things that later she/he regrets. But what if a person cannot remember who they are? What if they keep having disturbing dreams about why they are in the hospital and then go home with their mother, where more questions arise? Why does their mother seem so strange? These are questions that teenager Destiny Mathieu faces.

What can I say? Medeia Sharif has done it again with her latest novel Girl Without a Face. Ms. Sharif is a master at mystery and keeping her readers guessing what will happen next. At first Destiny doesn’t know who she is. She has dreams of an accident in the rain and her car burning. She doesn’t remember. In her dreams she follows some girls at school, one of them faceless. She thinks she might be one of the girls. She doesn’t know. And when she’s awake she can’t remember the past. And she suspects that her mother is keeping secrets from her.

I don’t want to give away anything, so all I can say is you really ought to read Girl Without a Face. Just when I thought I had figured out what would happen, the author added a neat twist that I never saw coming. Sometimes people are not who we think they are. And that’s all I’m saying, except you really want to read this book.
###      

Amazon and other places

Happy Reading!

18 comments:

  1. A wonderful review of what seems a super book.
    Have a great day Beverly.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Yvonne. I enjoyed the book. Have a great day.

      Delete
  2. Can't beat a good twist we don't see coming. Yeah, many aren't who we think they are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Pat. It's great when a writer can surprise the reader. Have a super day.

      Delete
  3. I love Medeia's writing and look forward to reading Girl Without a Face. Wonderful review! Sounds so intriguing. Wishing Medeia all the best. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I, Jess. She has such great ideas and writes them so clearly.

      Delete
  4. I loved this one. It was definitely full of surprises!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Medeia is good at surprises, Stephanie. One thing that makes her books so good.

      Delete
  5. Huh. Sounds potentially interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robert. Thanks for stopping by. I thought the story was interesting. I can imagine how frustrating it must be not to know who you are and why your mother acts so weird.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Medeia writes beautiful stories, Choo. I've read several of her books. They're great. Thank you for visiting and for your kind words.

      Delete
  7. You made it sound terrific! My favorite of Medeia's is 52 Likes and this one sounds like it's along that mystery/drama line. Now I really want to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Medeia has a special touch to her writing, Lexa. She draws me into the story and doesn't let go. I enjoyed 52 likes also. This one is a mystery.

      Delete
  8. Sounds like a great book. I'm always so impressed with how many books Medeia can write, publish, and market.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Medeia is amazing, Natalie. She must be well organized to accomplish so much. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  9. I'm not surprised the book is good. Medeia is a great writer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She sure is, Kelly. I wonder what she'll write about next.

      Delete