Wednesday, April 5, 2017

APRIL IWSG AND PIPER MORGAN BOOK TOUR

Welcome Wednesday! Today is a busy day. First, I'm so excited to share the latest book from Stephanie Faris, PIPER MORGAN MAKES A SPLASH. Piper is one of my favorite characters.
It's also Insecure Writer's Support Group Day, so let's get started.

 
Isn't she adorable!
 
 
Blurb:

Piper Morgan tries her hand at acting in the fourth book of the charming Piper Morgan series.
 
Piper’s mom is helping out at a local pool shop, and the owner wants to shoot a commercial for his store. Piper thinks it’s the PERFECT opportunity to get in front of the camera and experience a little bit of showbiz. But will Piper’s contribution to the TV commercial make a splash—or will it go belly-up?
 

Bio:
 
Stephanie Faris is the author of the middle grade books 30 Days of No Gossip and 25 Roses, as well as the Piper Morgan chapter book series. An accomplished freelance writer, her work has appeared in Writer's Digest, The Writer, Pacific Standard, Mental Floss, and The Week, among many others.

Links:
Congratulations, Stephanie, on another Piper story.
 
Next, we have The Insecure Writer's Support Group.Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!

Posting: The first Wednesday of every month is officially Insecure Writer’s Support Group day. Post your thoughts on your own blog. Talk about your doubts and the fears you have conquered. Discuss your struggles and triumphs. Offer a word of encouragement for others who are struggling. Visit others in the group and connect with your fellow writer - aim for a dozen new people each time. Be sure to link to this page and display the badge in your post.
 
Every month, we announce a question that members can answer in their IWSG Day post. These questions may prompt you to share advice, insight, a personal experience or story. Include your answer to the question in your IWSG post or let it inspire your post if you are struggling with something to say. Remember, the question is optional!!!
 
Ninja Alex J. Cavanaugh is the founder of IWSG. His awesome co-hosts for the April 5 posting of the IWSG will be Christopher D. Votey, Madeline Mora-Summonte, Fundy Blue, and Chrys Fey!
 
And the question is: Have you taken advantage of the annual A to Z Challenge in terms of marketing, networking, publicity for your book? What were the results?

Outside of tweeting and adding to Face Book, I haven't used the A to Z Challenge for publicity.  Why not? I ask myself. I haven't a clue. Looking forward to what everyone else has to say.

Happy Reading!
 

 


30 comments:

  1. Good luck to Stephaine with her book, Your ISWG post was very interesting to read. Enjoyed it very much.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Yvonne. I always look forward to your comments.

      Delete
  2. Congrats to Stephanie.

    I used it but mostly because I figured if I was posting for the A to Z anyway, I might as well do something constructive and feature my book content.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why not, Diane? Every little bit of publicity helps.

      Delete
  3. Thank you SO much for helping Piper out with her big birthday!!!

    I always used A to Z to get more readers. I hated the ones that were just for promoting a book...I wanted to make mine more fun. The first year it worked... As with any blog hop, though, people were posting and not reading, which is kind of like talking without listening. It doesn't work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed reading about Piper, Stephanie. Love that character.
      You never know what will happen with a post. But they might remember later. Talking without listening is good. I'll remember that. :)

      Delete
  4. Big congratulations to Stephanie!
    I had to market a book in the middle of the Challenge once and it was a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She sure writes neat stories for young readers, Alex. Marketing, to me, is harder than writing the book. :)

      Delete
  5. I don't think it would be worthwhile to use the a to z for marketing these days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I suppose it's enough to encourage new visitors to your page and get to know new people. That's the way to build a network and so a way to do promo. I guess promo just wasn't the first thing I thought of when I signed on for the A to Z.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can always hope new visitors will be new readers someday, c lee. We don't always have to be promoting though. Sometimes just be friends. :)

      Delete
  7. Piper Morgan looks so adorable. Congrats to Stephanie on releasing another in the series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is precious, isn't she, Claudine. Her stories are just right for young readers too. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  8. Hi, Beverly! I'm making the rounds as an IWSG co-host today. Piper Morgan is definitely adorable! So good luck to Stephanie with her latest Piper book. I haven't participated in the A to Z Challenge, so I haven't used it for anything. Adding the challenge in would just take up time I don't have right now. But like you I'm interested in what other members have to say. Happy writing in April!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand what you're saying, Fundy. The days are short as it is and even though the challenge is fun I'd rather be writing. Thanks for co-hosting.

      Delete
  9. Hi, Beverly! I'm stopping by on the "Piper Morgan Makes a Splash" Birthday Book Tour. Congratulations to Stephaine! Happy IWSG Day to all. I haven't participated in the A to Z Challenge, but have great admiration for those who take the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Valerie. Stephanie has another adorable book out. Love Piper. The A to Z does take a lot of time, so I decided to pass this year. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. She writes great stories for young readers, Yvonne. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  11. Marketing with A to Z can be tricky. If you try to promote the same book with every letter, readers can get bored.

    E is for Experiment: Turning the USS Eldridge Invisible

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I can see how that would be boring, Tamara. The E for Experiment sounds interesting. I must find time to visit other blogs and see what I'm missing.

      Delete
  12. Congratulations to Stephanie! Love this cover!

    I have never participated in A-Z, but I always love reading the posts everyone puts up. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is adorable, Jess, and just invites the reader to come in and meet Piper.

      Delete
  13. Congratulations to Stephanie. I've always been a cheerleader for A-Z, not a participant,only because of time restraints. Hooray for all who go for it each April!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does take a lot of time to blog every day, Liza. I did it a couple of years but not this year.

      Delete
  14. Big congrats to Stephanie on her new release: Piper Morgan Makes a Splash. FOUR books in the series is awesome! I tried to use the A-Z for publicity when I did it in '14. It didn't work. People loved my posts but ignored my book. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's sort of the way my A - Z went, Lexa. It didn't increase sales. Have a great weekend too.

      Delete