Wednesday, March 22, 2017

SOMETIMES YOU JUST GOTTA LAUGH

Welcome Wednesday. First, a huge thank you to everyone that attended our birthday party, whether you just visited or left a comment. The kids and I hope you enjoyed your cake and ice cream. Also the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I must share the funny thing that happened so you'll understand why we sometimes just gotta laugh. Life is funny, and we need to accept the fact that often we are not in control. Yes, I'm talking about the Rafflecopter. I tried and tried to get it to show up. It wasn't about to, until Wednesday, the last day. And suddenly, there it was. I laughed. Well, better late than never, right? And that's enough about that.

One day last week, I looked out the window of my writing room, and this is what I saw.




Seven white-tailed deer were grazing in the pasture.
I watched them for awhile, and they slowly moseyed along toward the mesquite trees and vanished.
Haven't seen them since. I guess they were just passing through. I was happy to see that some of them survived hunting season. There are a lot of hunters in the area.
 
Happy Reading and Writing.

16 comments:

  1. Now that's a herd of deer.
    Sorry it wasn't working until the very end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is, Alex. Haven't seen many for quite awhile.
      No problem. I had to laugh. :)

      Delete
  2. Sure can be a pain indeed.

    You had plenty of visitors. I saw a whole bunch last week on side the road.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did? They are so pretty, Pat. I used to feed them corn until one day I noticed rats were eating it too. No more corn.

      Delete
  3. What a sight! I would've been awed by that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are beautiful, Chrys. As often as I see them, they still fascinate me.

      Delete
  4. We have a deer family that frequents our backyard. I love to watch them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What fun, Kelly. I enjoy watching them too. It's especially neat to see a fawn.

      Delete
  5. I just had a similar family of deer in my yard not long ago as well. They are fun to watch:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are lovely creatures, Karin. I want to pen them all up when dear season starts to keep them safe.

      Delete
  6. Wonderul pics Beverly, so heartwarming.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Yvonne. They are beautiful animals.

      Delete
  7. I loved your party and all the yummies! Yay for Under a Purple Moon's birthday!! Lovely deer. I lived mostly in cities in the US, so I've never seen any in the wild. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it, Lexa. That's one of the neat things about living in the country, or outside of town. The wild creatures sometimes pay a visit.

      Delete
  8. The party was a blast! That was funny about the Rafflecopter- but I am sorry that it only showed up on the last day. :)

    Glad you got to see so many deer passing through your yard. I see one or two from time to time near my house- but seeing a whole bunch isn't something I see very often.

    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was weird. So I laughed.
      Deer are so pretty. They must cover large areas. They used to hang around when I fed them. Have a great week.

      Delete