Wednesday, March 1, 2017

MARCH HAS ARRIVED AND IT'S IWSG DAY

February sure went by in a hurry. Can't believe it's the 1st day of March, and we know what that means.


The Insecure Writer’s Support Group
 
Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!

Posting: The first Wednesday of every month is officially Insecure Writer’s Support Group day. Post your thoughts on your own blog. Talk about your doubts and the fears you have conquered. Discuss your struggles and triumphs. Offer a word of encouragement for others who are struggling. Visit others in the group and connect with your fellow writer - aim for a dozen new people each time. Be sure to link to this page and display the badge in your post.

 
Ninja Alex J. Cavanaugh is the founder if IWSG!
 
Let’s rock the neurotic writing world!

Our Twitter is @TheIWSG and hashtag #IWSG

Every month, we announce a question that members can answer in their IWSG Day post. These questions may prompt you to share advice, insight, a personal experience or story. Include your answer to the question in your IWSG post or let it inspire your post if you are struggling with something to say.

Remember, the question is optional!!!
 
  
March 1st question:  Have you ever pulled out a really old story and reworked it? Did it work out?
 
 The awesome co-hosts for the March 1 posting of the IWSG will be Tamara   

 
Now for the question.
 
    
Funny you should ask. I'm doing just that. My WIP was first written in 1998. Yes, that's a long time ago. And, I actually submitted it to a few publishers then Oh, my. I shouldn't have, but I was new in the writing world, and I thought it looked good. I know better now. So why am I working on the story after all these years?
 
  
Good question.

 
One day I was cleaning my writing room, throwing away a lot of old stuff, manuscripts, notebooks, and folders when I ran across this story. Now, I already had two or three other manuscripts in different stages, enough to keep me busy for years, but the boy and dog in the story kept calling to me. I listened  and remembered how much I loved these characters, so we're trying again, with many changes.
 


Will it work this time? I don't know, but in a week or so, I hope to find out. The boy and dog are almost ready to face the world. So, at the moment I'm a bit insecure.
 
 
Happy Reading and Writing.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

27 comments:

  1. Good luck with the venture of your first writing. I'm sure it will be a success.
    Enjoy this new month.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Yvonne. I wish I was as positive as you. I'm trying to have the right attitude. :) Have a good week.

      Delete
  2. We sure find how far our writing has come when we look back at some older stuff. Sure you'll get it to work this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the truth, Pat. Thankfully, we learn through the years. I hope you're right. :)

      Delete
  3. I think we all have that story that we cringe about years later and think, "Why did I ever let people read this?" I know I have one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Kelly. We learn from practice and our mistakes.

      Delete
  4. I'm working on one, too. A boy and his dog - sounds cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw on your blog, L. Diane. That's great. Isn't it fun going back and seeing earlier work and how we can use it.

      Delete
  5. It is so good that you're trying this story again. Keep at it and don't give up.
    All the best.
    Shalom aleichem,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pat. I'm doing a lot of revisions and hope the story is better this time. Have a great week.

      Delete
  6. Sometimes there are gems stuffed away in those drawers. Keep working on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will, Alex. Hope it's one of those "gems." :)

      Delete
  7. How exciting to stumble on something you think you can re-work. I should clean my office more often. You've inspired me, Beverly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for inspiration, C Lee. We never know what adventure is waiting for us. Hope you find treasures in your office.

      Delete
  8. Here's hoping for you. How fabulous would that be if the story comes together and you're able to get it out there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Crystal, I appreciate you "hoping for me." How can I lose with you in my corner. Will try my best.

      Delete
  9. Nothing's sweeter than a boy and his dog story. Good luck making it work this time!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lexa. I hope it works. We'll find out.

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thanks, Karin. I need it. Making more changes than I anticipated.

      Delete
  11. Don't be insecure...just dive in!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diving right in is what I'm doing, Stephanie. Head first. More changes than I expected.

      Delete
  12. Best of luck, Beverly, and I wish you a beautiful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Optimistic. You have a great outlook on life. A beautiful weekend to you, as well.

      Delete
  13. Wishing you the best of luck reworking the story. It sounds like the years have given you a better perspective on your writing. Hope the story flows! Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful weekend.
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jess. It's not as easy as I thought it would be. Lots of changes. I'll get there.

      Delete
  14. It's good to listen when our old stories call to us. Best wishes for your one.

    ReplyDelete