Wednesday, February 1, 2017

THE INSECURE WRITER'S SUPPORT GROUP

It's the first Wednesday in February, which means it's also Insecure Writer's Support Group day.



Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!

Posting: The first Wednesday of every month is officially Insecure Writer’s Support Group day. Post your thoughts on your own blog. Talk about your doubts and the fears you have conquered. Discuss your struggles and triumphs. Offer a word of encouragement for others who are struggling. Visit others in the group and connect with your fellow writer - aim for a dozen new people each time. Be sure to link to this page and display the badge in your post.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Our Twitter is @TheIWSG and hashtag #IWSG
 
Alex J. Cavanaugh is the founder of the IWSG
 
His awesome co-hosts for the February 1 posting of the IWSG are Misha Gericke, LK Hill, Juneta Key, Christy and Joylene Buter!
Be sure to visit the Insecure Writer's Support Web site.
 
The question for February 1 is: How has being a writer changed your experience as a reader?
 
Remember, the question is optional.
 
It's a good question though, which made me stop and think. That's always good, right? Mostly, I read to enjoy a story, the characters, and their lives. They become real to me, and I am lost in their adventures. Sometimes, I love the plot or a character so much I wish I'd written that story, which inspires me to do my best.
 
Before I started writing my own novels, I never dreamed how much work goes into them. Now, I know the hours, days, months, and even years an author spends creating the world she/he presents to the reader and how every word comes from his/her heart.
 
I'm happy to know such awesome people and to be part of their world.
 
LATEST NEWS!
 
Winners of my audio book giveaway will be announced Friday, if Patches is in a good mood.
 
Happy Reading.
  
 
 
 

26 comments:

  1. Since writing poetry and getting books published I appreciate other writers experiences and the end product more than I used to.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being writers ourselves sure makes us see the whole picture, not just the finished product. Thanks for your comment, Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. There's so much work and we don't realize it until we start writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Diane. But it's worth the effort when we see others reading our work.

      Delete
  3. Yeah, it sure shows us what it takes to write a novel. Never as easy as what one thinks at the start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, Pat. If we only knew from the beginning how much work writing a story involved, we ... we'd probably do it anyway.

      Delete
  4. I like your attitude! Good to hear a positive response to the question.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alex. Finding the bright side of life is much better than looking at the bad.

      Delete
  5. Very positive attitude!I'm either weary of reading bad writing or jealous of the good books! Lol. Although, it's a rarity these day that I 'enjoy' reading. When I find an author I 'et' I stick with them, learn from them as much as possible.

    shahwharton.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can learn so much from others, Shah. If we really like an author's work we learn from them and hopefully our work gets better. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. Oh gosh, you are spot on here! Before I began writing I was clueless to how much work went into creating a story with all the nuts and bolts and then getting it published. It truly is a feat among feats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing how much we learn once we decide to enter the writing world, S. A. I love it though.

      Delete
  7. I'm like you. Many writers get stuck in the mechanics of the story, but I like to put on my reader hat and just enjoy. Here's to being able to switch modes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right, Crystal. I see enough mistakes in my own writing so I enjoy reading simply for the story, ignoring little details.

      Delete
  8. We like it when the questions make you stop and think.

    Patches, be in a good mood! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, Chrys.
      Maybe I can bribe Patches. She loves her treats. :)

      Delete
  9. That's so true! When I was younger & read a lot, I never realized how hard those authors had to work to get me the novels I loved so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And now you know, Lexa. Our novels are worth every tear and drop of blood we shed while writing them. There are the smiles too, when we get it just the way we want it.

      Delete
  10. Writing a novel definitely gives you a new appreciation for the hard work that goes into creating a great book.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It really is inspiring to read a book you wish you'd written! Happy February, Beverly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, Kai. There are so many great books out there. Happy February to you.

      Delete
  12. I'm with you - writing a novel makes me appreciate the novels I get to read. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, as authors ourselves we can relate to the hours spent creating the novel. Thanks for stopping by, Tyrean.

      Delete
  13. It is fun to find a great new author and gather lessons from their work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is, Tamara. We can learn a lot from each other.

      Delete