Friday, January 20, 2017

I SURVIVED BLOGFEST

"This is Chrys Fey reporting for Disaster 5 News. I am in Corpus Christi, the Gulf Coast of Texas, where a tsunami hit yesterday morning. I have BJ McClure with me, a survivor of the tsunami. BJ, can you tell our viewers what happened, and how you survived?"

 I'll try, but I'm still a bit shaky. The cats and I came to Corpus Christi on vacation. Every morning we take a walk on the beach. I love to watch the waves roll in. The cats like to dig in the sand.  Yesterday morning was different. The ground was shaky, and I heard a roaring noise, like a jet plane was flying over. I searched the sky. No plane. But I knew we were in trouble when I glanced across the water and saw this huge wave, I mean gigantic, stretching as far in both directions as I could see. And it was headed for shore.
 
Now, I'd heard of tsunamis, but never saw one. And I hope to never see another one. I also knew we had to find shelter. We'd walked a good distance from the hotel. No way could we reach it before the wave came ashore. I had no idea how far inland the water would come. In the meantime, the cats were meowing and prowling around my legs, clearly  sensing disaster. I did the only thing that came to mind. Tucked one cat under one arm, the other cat under my other arm and took off in a run, which was more like wading through mud, at the speed I managed.

I was about ready to collapse, when a couple of guys drove up in a truck, waved for me to hop in the back with my cats and a half dozen other people, which I did thankfully. And minutes later we were safe at a shelter in town. I never did find out my rescuers names. But they save my life.
 




Title: Tsunami Crimes
Series: Disaster Crimes #3
Author: Chrys Fey
Genre: Romantic-Suspense
Page Count: 272



BLURB: Beth and Donovan have come a long way from Hurricane
Sabrina and the San Francisco earthquake. Now they are approaching their
wedding day and anxiously waiting to promise each other a lifetime of love. The
journey down the aisle isn’t smooth, though, as they receive threats from the
followers of the notorious criminal, Jackson Storm. They think they’ll be safe
in Hawaii, but distance can’t stop these killers. Not even a tsunami can.

This monstrous wave is the most devastating disaster Beth
has ever faced. It leaves her beaten, frightened. Is she a widow on her
honeymoon? As she struggles to hold herself together and find Donovan, she’s
kidnapped by Jackson's men.

Fearing her dead, Donovan searches the rubble and shelters
with no luck. The thought of her being swept out to sea is almost too much for
him to bear, but the reality is much worse. She’s being used as bait to get him
to fall into a deadly trap.


If they live through this disaster, they may never be the
same again. 




DIGITAL LINKS:

PRINT LINK:





99 CENTS: Amazon
And everywhere ebooks are sold. 


GIVEAWAY!

a Rafflecopter giveaway







30 comments:

  1. Great writing Beverly, Glad you "Survived Blogfest".
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Yvonne. I'd really not be that calm if I saw a real tsunami. Have a great day.

      Delete
  2. Running with cats would be next to impossible anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Yep, Diane. No way would my cats let me pick them up and run. My arms would be clawed from wrists to shoulders. :)

      Delete
  3. Thankfully that truck was there and the cats didn't even get a wet hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always thought my cats would be in heaven on a beach, because it is the world's biggest litter box, right? But running through the sand carrying two cats? Now that's fiction! Mine would probably bolt for the nearest palm trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha! That is a lot of litter, Tamera. And no way would my cats let me carry them. Pure fiction. Besides, I'd panic and not be so calm.

      Delete
  5. Running with cats is probably more dangerous than running with scissors. Good thing the truck came along when it did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha,ha. You're absolutely right, Alex. This is fiction, of course.

      Delete
  6. Running with cats must have been hard. They probably weren't cooperating much because cats. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do cats ever cooperate, Patricia? It's seldom in their nature. :) I have the scars to prove it.

      Delete
  7. I'd want to save my cats, too. But I have four...and they are big.

    Alex's comment made me chuckle.

    Thank you for participating in my blogfest!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been fun, Chrys. My way wouldn't really work. The cats would scatter and probably survive just fine.

      Delete
  8. Terrific story, Beverly! Had the water touched a single paw, the cats might well have been the rescuers - especially Tiger ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diedre. It's sort of a fairy tale, so the cats might be the rescuers. Cats do weird things sometimes.

      Delete
  9. What a story! So glad you & the cats survived.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha. Thanks, Diane. Cats survive a lot of impossible events. One never knows.

      Delete
  10. Our cats would have a hissy fit if I tried to run with both of them in my arms... and I'd probably have a heart attack. (pant, pant) I'm glad you and your kitties survived. Thank goodness for kind strangers with pick-up trucks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know cats well, Susan. Mine have had those hissy fits from time to time. I wear a lot of band aides to hide the results. I can relate to the "pant, pant." Yes, there are kind people in the world and in trucks.

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thanks, Tena. Kind of a wild story. Nice of you to stop by.

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Thanks, Juneta. I wonder what the cats would really do in such a situation.

      Delete
  13. Ooh...scary! You wrote in a way I could picture the whole frightening episode. Great job & congrats to Chrys on her new release!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Thank you, Jess. I've never seen a tsunami, but tornadoes are awful. Chrys always has such fun ideas.

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Kelly. I hope to never be in a tsunami. :)

      Delete