Monday, December 12, 2016

INK RIPPLES AND A YUMMY TOPIC

Famous quote for the week!
 

I couldn't say it any better.
 
As you can see, this is #InkRipples day, and the topic for December is cookies, of course.
 
 
 
 
#InkRipples is a monthly meme created by Kai Strand, Mary Waibel, and Katie L. Carroll. They post on the first Monday of every month, but you can post whenever you want to. They're all authors, but you don't have to be to participate. I'm having fun; you might too, if you give it a try.
 
The idea of #InkRipples is to toss a word, idea, image, whatever into the inkwell and see what kind of ripples it makes. You can make your own ripples by blogging about the topic or you can simply share your thoughts on social media using the hashtag #InkRipples. Be sure to include links back to Kai, Mary, and Katie.
 
Now, about cookies. To be honest, I haven't baked cookies in years. When my boys were young, we made sugar cookies shaped like Christmas trees and decorated them with frosting and sprinkles. They were really pretty and didn't last long, with hungry kids around. Then the grandkids came along, and we made more Christmas tree sugar ookies. Now, it's not so much fun with no one to help me, and besides, I'd eat them all and gain 50 pounds, so I no longer bake cookies. I don't have any pictures of my own, but look what I found:
 
 
I just happen to be watching Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer at the moment.
 
 
 
These look sort of like the ones we used to make.
 
And I must stop because now I want a cookie, and I don't have the ingredients to make some.
 
Check back tomorrow for Cheryl Malandrinos and her tour for her latest book MACARONI AND CHEESE FOR THANKSGIVING.
 
Have a great week.

14 comments:

  1. Enough people give us cookies at Christmas that we never need to make any. Don't want to gain the pounds either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Alex, and those gifts of cookies are truly appreciated. :)

      Delete
  2. haha yeah, having no one else there to eat them isn't such a good thing for one's weight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, Pat. If cookies are in the house, I'll eat them. Best not to be tempted.

      Delete
  3. Those cookies look good. I've never had a cookie tradition with my kids (bad mom.) I have a couple people in my Facebook feed who make sweets for a living and this time of year they share photos of the lovely cookie they make - and it's KILLING me! I want!! Merry Christmas to you and your family dear friend. Thanks for joining us in InkRipples this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not a {bad Mom) Kai, you've done other exciting things with your children. Merry Christmas to you and your family, as well. I've enjoyed InkRipples and hope to be there again in 2017.

      Delete
  4. When I was a kid, we used to make gingerbread men for Christmas. Not the cookie cutter kind. We rolled out separate shapes for the body, legs, arms, and head and stuck them together in various poses (leaping, skipping, arms raised in surprise, etc., and then iced them in red trimmed with white (including little elf caps), and silver sugar beads for buttons, etc. I remember it was always so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I can picture the gingerbread men now, Elizabeth. How exciting to make them. And of course to eat them, but hope if they head eyes, they didn't watch you. Just kidding. :) They sound adorable.

      Delete
  5. This was a perfect #InkRipples topic, wasn't it? You've put me in the mood to bake some cookies!

    Have a wonderful Christmas and a very Happy 2017.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was, Lee. I'd like to bake some cookies too, but I'm too lazy. :)
      I hope you're feeling better. Relax and enjoy Christmas and the new year.

      Delete
  6. I love cookies who cares about the extra pounds......well not at my age anyway.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Yvonne. No one cares if I gain a few pounds, in fact, I doubt they'd even notice.

      Delete
  7. I enjoy cookies- even more so over the holidays. But- I rarely make them- as I will eat them all. Better to enjoy the cookies others have made by sampling only a few. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Jess. If I make cookies they're too tempting. When my boys were home, no problem. They ate them. Now, I would. Best not to tempt myself.

      Delete