Monday, November 21, 2016

SEISMIC CRIMES and X DARE AND THE KEYS TO NIN

Quote for the week:

“For flowers that bloom about our feet;
For tender grass, so fresh, so sweet;
For song of bird, and hum of bee;
For all things fair we hear or see,
Father in heaven, we thank Thee!” -
Ralph Waldo Emerson



This week I have a couple of lovely books to tell you about. Then I'm taking a holiday, so will be back next Monday.  The first novel is SEISMIC CRIMES by Author Chrys Fey.





SEISMIC CRIMES (DISASTER CRIMES BOOK 2) Review

 

By Chrys Fey

 

 

A hurricane, a murder, and crooked cops don’t sound very romantic, do they? But events sometimes work together in unusual ways. In Author Chrys Fey’s novel SEISMIC CRIMES (DISASTER CRIMES BOOK 2) Beth not only survives Hurricane Sabrina, she finds herself helping Donovan, a man she meets under unusual circumstances, prove he did not kill his brother.

 

And that’s just the beginning. Told from both Beth’s and Donovan’s points-of-view, the reader becomes a part of their story. Donovan’s brother was a police officer, like Donovan, and dirty police officers, killed him. Hidden cameras recorded the murder so they had proof of the guilty officers. Beth took one out, but the other one got away, and Donovan is determined to catch him and make him pay.

 

The author doesn’t make it easy for Beth and Donovan. They meet one obstacle after another and don’t know who to trust in their quest. Even though there are some violent scenes, there’s also humor. I really liked Beth and her loyalty to Donovan. The romance between them is a nice change of pace from the action scenes.

 

SEISMIC CRIMES will keep you reading and wondering if and how the characters will get out of the situations they get in. They’re honest people, likeable but not perfect, which makes them even more interesting. So come along and meet Beth, Donovan, their friends, and their enemies. I think you’ll have trouble putting the book down once you start reading.

 

###


And here's Author P. K. Hrezo's latest novel, X DARE AND THE KEYS TO NIN, that we recently saw a cover reveal for. 




X DARE AND THE KEYS TO NIN Review

 

By P K Hrezo

 

 

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to visit another world, another galaxy? You think it’s impossible? Well, maybe, but strange things do happen.

 

For example, in XDARE AND THE KEYS TO NIN, Author P K Hrezo’s latest novel for tween/teen Readers, fourteen-year-old Xavier Dare, better known as X, is playing a game given to him by a tattooed man named Seville when he’s suddenly pulled into a cold tunnel and soon finds himself in another galaxy. To add to his surprise, early legends say that one day an outsider will arrive and he is the one. To return home, he must find the Keys of Nin.

 

P K Hrezo has created a magical world of characters and creatures like you’ve never before met. The more X learns about this new world, the more complicated his life becomes. He ends up having a world to save and a friend to rescue, a lot for a teen age boy to do. Will he succeed, or is he doomed to failure, never to see his family again?

 

XDARE AND THE KEYS TO NIN should appeal to teen readers who enjoy playing games that I’ve never heard of, but are popular with today’s teens. There’s plenty of action and never a dull moment to keep readers reading. This novel would make a nice addition to school libraries and classrooms, as well as great gifts for family and friends.

###

Now these should keep you reading for awhile. Congratulations to Chrys and P K.

27 comments:

  1. Congrats to Chrys and P.K. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!!! Will we ever get caught up on our to-read lists? Probably not!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We might get caught up on our to-read lists, Stephanie, if we'd stop adding to it. :) I can't resist all the new books though. Guess I'm addicted. You have a great Thanksgiving too.

      Delete
  2. I also send my congrats to these two wonderful authors.
    Semme like two wonderful books .
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are good reads, Yvonne. Have a relaxing day.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful books, Beverly, thanks for sharing! Love your quote of the day as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the quote was just right for this time of year, Karin. Happy Thanksgiving to you.

      Delete
  4. What great reviews. Thank you Beverly. I'm currently reading Chry's novel but S Dare is new to me. Wishing you a lovely holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nicola. A wonderful holiday to you. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. Two great reviews indeed. Hope you enjoy the break at your feed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pat. I will. I've been trying to post on your blog, but it won't let me. There's a blank where it shows "posting as." I'll try again later.

      Delete
    2. I still can't post on your blog. Sorry. It tells me to sign in, I have, but it still doesn't like me. Maybe tomorrow.

      Delete
  6. I really enjoyed that quote, especially on a Monday morning. Thank you! Congrats to Chrys for yet another release. And to PK...I miss you! We haven't chatted in a bit. Love the looks of this one. Congrats! Happy Thanksgiving, Beverly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to Chrys and PK. Thanks for your lovely reviews of their books, Beverly. Enjoy your Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Kai. You have a wonderful Thanksgiving too.

      Delete
  8. How great to find two great new books here today. I've read Seismic Crimes and really enjoyed the story. It keeps you turning those pages. Congrats to PK on her latest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You amaze me at the number of books you read, Beverly. You set such a high bar. :-)

      Delete
    2. Well, it's just the cats and me, and I watch very little TV, and who likes to clean house, so I have a lot of time to read. If I had a family at home, I'm sure my reading time would go down. :)

      Delete
  9. I just saw your review on Amazon yesterday. Thanks you so much! That is one thing I am thankful for this Thanksgiving. :)

    XDare sounds great! Congrats to PK!

    Happy Thanksgiving, Beverly!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thankful for reviews too and for friends I've met on the Internet. I enjoyed your story. It kept me guessing what trouble they'd get into next. :) Happy Thanksgiving to you.

      Delete
  10. Awesome books! Congrats to PK and Chrys!

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Nas. Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving.

      Delete
  11. Congrats to Chrys and PK! Both authors whose blogs I enjoy visiting, so it was a treat to see them both featured here today. Their books sound so interesting. Thanks for sharing!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both stories are really great. So many good books have been out lately. Writers have had a busy year it seems.

      Delete