Monday, November 28, 2016

Quote for the week: “Authors like cats because they are such quiet, lovable, wise creatures, and cats like authors for the same reasons.”   Robertson Davies

Now that Thanksgiving is over and we survived the crazy shoppers and we've had our naps, it's time to start thinking about, yes, you got it, Christmas.

How about a hatful of books for the young readers you know.

 
 
Or maybe a stocking full for those cold snowy days to keep the kids entertained.
 
 

 Visit me at AMAZON  BARNES  & NOBLE
 
and see what you like. Books make great gifts for older readers too.
 
Or, if you'd like a signed paperback of any of my books email me at Beverlysmcclure (at) aol (dot) com. Free shipping too, my gift to you.
 
Now I'll stop advertising. I think all the ads I read this weekend have gone to my head.
 
It's taken awhile to write this because Tiger keeps interrupting me to play ball. Then Patches gets jealous and gives him her look that says she's gonna get him when he's not looking. Cats are so sweet.
 
Oh, I might mention, I've had trouble commenting on some blogs lately and have sent many messages to whoever's in charge, without a reply. Hope they get the problem fixed soon.
 
Happy Reading.



20 comments:

  1. Blogger has been a bit glitchy of late. haha cats are fun to watch indeed. Nothing wrong with a little advertising.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cats are entertaining for sure, Pat. Have a great week.

      Delete
  2. Good luck with your book sales, Beverly. Enjoy the holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, it's a GOOD idea. I'm shocked how often I go to an author's website and he/she doesn't even have information on how to get signed copies of their books for gifts. Of course, I have that info. on my site and I still have to email the link to long-distance relatives and friends who ask!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Stephanie. How will others know about us if we don't tell them? Have a great week.

      Delete
  4. Commercial away!
    You need two of you, one for each cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alex. I'm trying, but am not very good at it.
      The cats would appreciate two of me I think. :) One lap isn't enough,

      Delete
  5. Great ideas! I think the commercials have helped you think outside the box. :)

    You are sweet to offer free shipping on signed books. Wow! I find my kitties keep me very busy- they love attention. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right, Jess. I'm terrible at talking about my work, but am trying to do better.
      I know I like free postage, so maybe others do too. :) Kitties are amazing. I find myself stopping whatever I'm doing to see what they want. They are so sweet though.

      Delete
  6. Love the quote and the post Beverly, always a pleasure visiting your blog.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Yvonne. I appreciate your visits. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  7. Excellent stocking stuffers, right?

    When we had two cats, they always seemed to tag team like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, Diane.
      Cats are weird, but precious too.

      Delete
  8. Some of my comments aren't showing up well, either, but I keep on trying.
    I love this little mini-commercial! I appreciate that you have all of your books in your sidebar and I plan to revamp my blog so I have something similar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's all we can do, Tyrean. Oh, a good title for it: mini-commercial. I like that. I think it helps to have the books where everyone can see them. I need to make them smaller so they'll all fit better.

      Delete
  9. I love that quote about cats! Is it prideful to believe it's true? Have a wonderful week, Beverly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can believe what we want to, Lexa, in my humble opinion. :) I do think our cats like us, they're just too independent to let us know. You have a great week too.

      Delete