Wednesday, November 9, 2016

COVER REVEAL FOR X DARE AND THE KEYS TO NIN, and INK RIPPLES TOO

Welcome Wednesday. Today, I'm happy to share the lovely cover for X DARE AND THE KEYS TO NIN, P K Hrezo's latest novel, due out December 1, 2016. That's not too far off. And here it is.



Perfect for MG/TWEEN Readers.
 
 
Blurb
 
IN THE GAMING WORLD YOU CAN ALWAYS POWER OFF. IN THE WORLD OF NIN, POWER IS FOREVER. 

Soon to be ninth grader, Xavier Dare, is convinced there is no video game he can't master. When a mysterious tattooed man loans him an outdated gaming system, and game called, The Keys to Nin, he gives X real-time access to a world on the brink of turmoil. Nin's Big Boss is like none X has ever encountered, with a secret that X will have to come to terms with if he wants to keep his own world safe. If X doesn't level up inside the seven magical yet primitive realms of Nin, he may just find himself doomed to roam there forever--that is, if he can manage to stay alive.

This is one game that's about to get real. 

Visit P K Hrezo's site to learn more.
 
Review to come.
 
I'm also posting  INK RIPPLES today.
 
#InkRipples  is a monthly meme created by Kai Strand, Mary Waibel, and Katie L. Carroll. They post on the first Monday of the month, but you can post whenever is convenient for you. Just be sure to link back to the three of them when you post. Kai, Mary, and Katie.
 
 
The November topic is Heritage. When I see that word, I think of family. Genealogy is one of my favorite things to do. I have books and books filled with information and photographs of my family, on both my mother's side and my father's. In searching my heritage, I discovered something quite amazing. History is interesting. Okay, maybe you already knew this, but when I was in school I thought history was boring. I'm thankful I learned the truth.
 
My mother's foster family was fairly easy because she had so many pictures. Tracing her birth family was more difficult. I did much of my research before I had a computer. Then when I got up to date, the Internet was amazing. The Children's Aid Society sent me so much information from New York, I could add to Mother's heritage. I've even met relatives on Face Book. The world has grown smaller.
 
And history is the story of your ancestors and my ancestors. They are our heritage.
 
I've started a blog for my mother: A Family for Leona, and hope others find their heritage as well.
 
Do you know your heritage?
 
December Topic is Cookies. What a yummy topic.
 
Happy Reading!
 
 
 
 




23 comments:

  1. A great cover indeed. I know a bit of heritage, enough to know I'm a mutt lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha. Well, we all have our family secrets. And mutts are really nice.

      Delete
  2. Less than a month until PK's book comes out!
    Researching heritage is so much easier now with the Internet. Glad you were finally able to find some of the information you lacked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The months just fly past, too fast.
      Yes, the Internet has made many things possible and easier to do.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I agree, Kelly. The cover is great, just right for tween readers.

      Delete
  4. How did I not know about PK's book until now? Yikes! I'm feeling so out of touch. Thanks for sharing the cover here today. Since she left the blogosphere, I'm having a hard time keeping up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes things sneak up on us, Crystal. It's tough keeping up with all the new books.

      Delete
  5. P K emailed me that she tried to leave a comment, but Blogger wouldn't let her. I can understand that. She did read your comments though. Maybe later Blogger will be kinder to her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. It really goes with the story nicely, Karin.

      Delete
  7. The gaming world coming to life is a fascinating concept. So much can be done with that. :) Congrats to PK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is, Chrys, and P K has created a very interesting other world.

      Delete
  8. Just like you, I found history SO boring when I was in school. What I've learned from ghost tours is that PEOPLE are what makes history interesting. We lose touch with that in school when it's all dates and overall descriptions of what happens. We connect with getting to know the story of different individuals who lived through it. That's why James Cameron felt the need to invent two characters for Titanic (although he COULD have found two REAL characters if he'd really tried). People connect with people, not dates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Stephanie, dates and facts are important, but seeing the way the common people lived we can relate to, which makes history more interesting. Loved Titanic, by the way.

      Delete
  9. XDARE and the Keys to Nin sounds like an interesting read.

    I am glad you were able to find out so much about your mother's heritage. I definitely find history to be more fascinating the older I get. I know some of my family history- but I definitely have a lot to learn.
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jess. I'm happy to know more about my mother and her history. Hope to do more research one day. Genealogy has been fun. I've researched most branches of my dad's family too. It takes time, but is worth it.

      Delete
  10. Terrific book cover and intriguing story concept. I'm hooked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good, Donna. P. K. will be happy to hear that.

      Delete
  11. Ooo~ Love the cover. Makes me think of the Aliens franchise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a winner, Robert. I'm not familiar with the Aliens franchise. Must look it up.

      Delete
  12. Very cool cover!

    What a nice story about exploring your heritage, Beverly. I know I have lots of family in England and Ireland, and I'd love to learn more about them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is cool, Katie. It's also fascinating to learn about our families. I want to do more research one of these days. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete