Monday, October 31, 2016

BLOODWALKER REVIEW AND HALLOWEEN

Quote for the week:  Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God.
Ronald Reagan


Even though it's not a Halloween story, I think Author L. X. Cain's new novel BLOODWALKER is a good one to share with you this Halloween. If you haven't read  it yet, why not?


This Cover is Spooky. Perfect!

BLOODWALKER Review

By L. X. Cain

A circus is fun for both children and adults, right? Wild animals, magic shows, and clowns make people laugh and have a good time. So what happens when children start disappearing when the circus comes to town, bringing horror and fear instead of joy and pleasure?

In Author L. X. Cain’s new novel BLOODWALKER, Rurik, once a circus strong man, until lightning struck him leaving him scarred and ugly and who is now security guard for the circus, sets out to discover the fate of the children. Rurik stole my heart. Even though his outward appearance is scary, inside he’s a gentle man who cares for others. I was with him every step to keep other children safe from the killer.

In addition to seeing the story through Rurik’s eyes, Sylvie, a Bloodwalker, has a story of her own. As a Bloodwalker, she prepares the dead for burial, a custom of her ancestry. She’s also the victim of a bad marriage with a man that beats her and who she wants to escape from. Sylvie is a sweet, sympathetic character, the opposite of Rurik.

There are some pretty gruesome scenes in BLOODWALKER. The author also adds a tender romance. This is a beautiful story of love, loyalty, and regret, as well as secrets, curses, and survival.   

 L.X. Cain’s writing is vivid with descriptions that put the reader in the story. I read very few creepy novels, but I’ve enjoy the author’s short stories so knew this novel would be a good one. I was right. Recommended. I think you’ll enjoy BLOODWALKER too. Maybe read it with the lights on.
###

AMAZON  

DANCING LEMUR PRESS

18 comments:

  1. Love the quote Beverly and that awesome review should please the author. It sounds like a wonderful book and hope it sells well.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Yvonne. I liked it too. The book is a good one, spooky, good for this time of year.

      Delete
  2. Great review, Beverly. I love the quote!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karin. I enjoyed the story. The quote seemed to speak to me too.

      Delete
  3. I loved it and like you, was really drawn to Rurik. He's a true hero.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He sure is, Diane. Rurik made the story for me and I hated it when he was hurt. Poor guy.

      Delete
  4. Being able to write creepily is a great skill indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is, Pat. And L X is one of the best at writing it.

      Delete
  5. Very cool. Look forward to reading Lexa's book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You ought to enjoy it, Alex. A great story with characters you either love or hate. At least for me.

      Delete
  6. Thanks so much for reading and for the detailed review. I'm so delighted that you loved Rurik! He's quite a hero, such a good guy. The ending always makes me tear up with happiness, even though I wrote it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome, Lexa. Yep, I have a new hero now: Rurik. Tough but gentle too. What a combination. And you should love your character. :)

      Delete
  7. What a neat Halloween blog! You especially love the picture you added.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Janet. You know me and cats. I love them, black or any other color.

      Delete
  8. The perfect spooky end to a great Halloween. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Stephanie. The book seemed appropriate for today.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelly. Yes, the cover sure gets a person's attention.

      Delete