Monday, September 26, 2016

PIRATES AND GHOSTS AND A CAT, OH MY!

Quote for the week:  Love is all we have, the only way that each can help the other.  Euripides
,
Monday, a new week, and fall is in the air. We had a nice rain, the temperature has cooled somewhat, and the Texas Rangers are American League division champs. They're playing now for home field advantage. I hope your team is doing well. There are still some teams with chances to make the playoffs. And yay, I'll get to see those games on TV instead of my computer, which is not live.

How was your weekend?

Some good news I'd like to share.  My Tween novel A PIRATE, A BLOCKADE RUNNER, AND A CAT is now in paperback, as well as ebook. I'm excited.


Excerpt:

Without warning, a slender beam of light radiated from the lighthouse. The water sparkled, reflecting the lighthouse. Not a breath of air stirred. A fish leaped up, splashed back down. Star clutched  my arm. "Our signal," she said.

"Signal for what?" I asked.

"To find out who' in the lighthouse." Star thrust a lifejacket at her brother, another at me. "Put these on. I don't want to have to fish the two of you out of the water."

A bad thought crossed my mind. "We're going there?" I tipped my head at the lighthouse.

"Of course we are. Remember, we came here tonight to find out who turns on the light, and how." Star's eyes, cat green, glittered in the dark.

"I don't think we should go inside. It's late and dark and -"

Storm shrugged into his lifejacket. "Save your argument, Ek. You can't win."

I shook my head. "Bad idea. Someone hiding from the cops might be in the building. Or what if we encounter a bum, a kid playing a prank, even bank robbers sending signals of their location, telling their friends they have the loot?"

"Or a ghost seeking our help," Star said. "If you aren't interested in going to the lighthouse why did you come to the beach, anyway?"

I was asking myself the same question.

###

MuseItUp Publishing            Amazon      And other stores where books are sold.

Just right for lovers of pirates and ghosts.

Happy Reading!

20 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new publication. Nice excerpt. I love anything to do with ghosts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elizabeth. Ghosts are fun to write about.

      Delete
  2. Great piece on your new book. Congrats and good luck.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Yvonne. It's been in ebook for a while, but I'm happy to see it in print too. Have a lovely week.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on the book turning the corner to paperback!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a nice corner to turn, Sheri. Thanks. Paperbacks are great. Have a lovely week.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on your book going to paperback.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pat. I'm happy. I like ebooks, but there's nothing like holding a book in your hands.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I like it, Alex. Waiting for my order to arrive.

      Delete
  6. I love the sound of this! How can you get any better than pirates, ghosts, and cats? You can't! ;)

    Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right, Chrys. That's quite a combination, and they can't seem to stay out of trouble.

      Delete
  7. Great that it's our in paperback! Congrats on all that you're doing, Beverly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, c lee. Ebooks are great, but I like paperbacks even better.

      Delete
  8. Wonderful it's in paperback now - you get to hold your book at last.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Diane. Reading the ebook is good. Holding the book in hand is awesome. Thanks.

      Delete
  9. Congrats on the paperback and ebook! How exciting!

    I am loving the fall weather so far. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jess. It's great to see it in paperback now. Even though I like ebooks, print is still my favorite. This cooler fall weather is wonderful.

      Delete
  10. Congrats! It's always nice to be able to hold our babies. ;)

    ReplyDelete