Wednesday, September 21, 2016

MONARCH BUTTERFLIES AND BOOK TOUR

Welcome Wednesday. Yep, you got it, another day of touring.
Have you listened to any butterflies lately? What, you ask? Am I crazy?
Butterflies don't talk. Do they?
If you've read the book you know what the butterfly means.
 

Take a look at what's happening at The Silver Dagger Scriptorium today. Thanks.
 
Listen to the butterflies.
 
The Monarchs should be flying through our area in a few weeks on their way to Mexico. The Monarchs that live west of the Continental Divide winter in Southern California. It's amazing to me that these tiny creatures can fly so far.
 
 

 
These are pictures I took several years ago at our pond. The wind was so strong the butterflies couldn't fly. They hung around for four or five days, which is unusual. I hope they all had a safe journey.
 
Happy Reading!

6 comments:

  1. They sure do fly far, must take in quite the sights as they go

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought about the view from up high. Do they look at the world as they fly by? Interesting idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard that it's amazing to see so many at once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. I remember one time when my third-graders and I were outside after lunch when hundreds of them flew overhead, way high in the sky. The kids and I just stared, fascinated. An amazing sight.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful photos! I am always amazed at the migration of the monarchs. Just fascinating. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a sight to watch. Hoping for some this year.

      Delete