Wednesday, September 28, 2016

AFTER LOVING YOU REVIEW

Welcome Wednesday. Are you in the mood for romance today? Good. I thought you might be, so I have a review for you. Grab a cup of coffee, or tea, or soda, sit back, relax, and travel back to your high school and college days.

 
AFTER LOVING YOU
by Ashelyn Drake
 
You can pre-order at Amazon and other places.
 
Will be out October 3rd.
 
My thoughts.
 
AFTER LOVING YOU Review
By Ashelyn Drake
 
 
Do you remember your first love? The love you thought would last forever? I do. Yes, those good old high school years. Forever lasted until we broke up, right before graduation. How long was your forever?
 
AFTER LOVING YOU, a New Adult contemporary novel by Author Ashelyn Drake, will revive your memories of that first love. Told from both Mia’s and Jared’s points-of-view, the author shows us the emotions of the characters from both sides. They were a couple in high school, but that was last year.  Now they’ve broken up and are attending different colleges. They’re also dating different people, although they can’t forget each other.
 
The story follows Mia and Jared through their present lives as they long for the past, while trying to build new friendships and futures. The characters’ emotions and confusions over what they really want rings true. It’s hard sometimes to let go of the past; it’s even harder, perhaps, to accept a new life, without someone you’d once been so crazy about.
 
Ashelyn Drake kept me guessing how the story would end. Would Mia and Jared get back together? Or would each of them find happiness with their new loves? Some of the scenes when the characters are making out are pretty detailed, but AFTER LOVING YOU is a sweet romance that’s well worth your time to read and meet Mia and Jared, along with their friends. 
 
It may bring back some memories of yours.
 
I was given an ARC for my honest review.
###
 
Happy Reading.
 


16 comments:

  1. I well remember my first love......I married him.
    Wonderful review which appears to be a wonderful book to read.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you have a lovely story to tell, Yvonne. Marrying your first love is so romantic.

      Delete
  2. Keeping a reader guessing is always good indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bet, Pat. Can't stop reading until you know the answer.

      Delete
  3. I love sweet romances. See, I totally need a time stopper. Do you know how much reading I'd get done?

    You gave a lovely review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That you find time to read at all is amazing, Crystal. With your children and homeschooling and writing and all that you do, you definitely need a time stopper. My days are full with just the cats and me. :)

      Delete
  4. YAY! I'm waiting for this book and a couple of others to release at the beginning of October to get to reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good one, Stephanie. I'm waiting on some other too.

      Delete
  5. I'm seriously a sucker for first love. And moving on is tough. I'm glad those emotions came through for you, Beverly. Thank you for a lovely review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. So am I, Kelly. Yep. I could feel their doubts and fears. You're welcome. It's a lovely book.

      Delete
  6. Absolutely remember! What a great cover. I am excited to read this book. So relatable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too, Karin. I think it might recall memories for a lot of readers. :)

      Delete
  7. Congrats to Ashelyn/Kelly! This sounds like a very romantic story. Wishing you much success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is romantic, Lexa, and realistic too, in my opinion.

      Delete
  8. There's nothing more wonderful than those early moments of knowing you love someone. Sounds as if Ashelyn has captured those in her story.

    ReplyDelete