Wednesday, August 24, 2016

WORTH FORGIVING, BY JANET K. BROWN

Today, I'm delighted to share Author Janet K. Brown's latest novel with you.  You may recall awhile back that we had the cover reveal for WORTH FORGIVING. Now, we learn more about Katie and her life. Enjoy.



Worth Forgiving

 

Second in the Wharton Rock Series

 

 

Prejudice and mistrust hinders an ex-con, drug addict’s new beginning.

 

The state of Texas releases from prison Katie Smith. Full of optimism, she sets out to get a job, rent her own place, and make a home for her eight-year-old daughter, but Katie gave away her daughter three years ago. She could use a friend, but her past choices threaten to doom her to continued failure.

 

Larry Pullman graduated from seminary with high marks, but the fact that he has no wife makes finding a preaching job almost impossible. It doesn’t help that running from God as a teenager gave him a past that he can’t undo. All he needs is an ex-con, drug addict messing up his life, but then why did God lead him to her? Or did He?

 

Isn’t it enough that Lacey Chandler gave her sister’s daughter a home? Does that mean she has to clean up Katie’s messes forever?

 

Could it be that Katie is not Worth Forgiving?



Interviewer: We’re here today to interview the star of the book, Worth Forgiving. Give us your name, Ma’am.

 

Star: Katie Smith

 

Interviewer: Short and sweet. So where do you live?

 

Star: Not some small country town, for sure. I live in the bustling city of Apache Falls, Texas.


Katie was interviewed. Here's what she has to say.
 

Interviewer: Oh, that’s nice. Does your family live there also?

 

Star: Oh, no, they love Wharton Rock, but let me tell you this, Sugar. In Wharton Rock, everyone knows your business. Gossip runs wild. You can’t escape it, you know what I mean? And I would never live with my mother. She drives me crazy trying to run my life, and my sister . . . She runs down everything I do. Everything. And since she’s married to Wharton Rock’s police chief, they’ll make sure I return to prison.

 

Interviewer: So you’ve been in prison? What did you do?

 

Star: (Her face flames.) I helped with the kidnapping of my daughter, but I knew she’d be okay. I would never hurt Rachel. Honest. Soon, I’ll have a place of my own, and she can come live with me. Everything will be okay again.

 

Interviewer: That’s nice. Where do you live now?

 

Star: (She rolls her eyes.) A halfway house with a bunch of other ex-cons. It’s terrible. They keep accusing me of going back to drugs, but I’m clean. I can’t wait to get away from there. I may move back in with Collin.

 

Interviewer: Who’s Collin?

 

Star: We dated before prison. He picked me up from there. He’s a hunk. Yeah, I should go to his place. He’d love that. Of course, he’d love me getting back in the drug scene, too. (She lowers her voice.) He hurt me.

 

Interviewer: So you don’t have anyone that loves you?

 

Star: (Hands on hips) I know how to get a man. I’ve never wanted for male companionship. Even Mom and my sister Lacey love me. I just can’t stand the stress of their demands, that’s all. I want to have fun, and Lacey is the do-gooder, no partying type.

Interviewer: Sounds like the men you attract always want something from you though. That’s a shame.

 

Star: Boy, are you ever right there. Well, except for Larry. I’ve never met anyone like him. He treats me real nice. He knows what I am and what I’ve done, and he still seems to believe in me. I can’t understand a guy like that. I told him to stay away. I’m bad. I told him. Still, my heart turns into mush when he’s around. I just don’t know what to do with feelings like that. I would ruin him. He’s a cop, and a preacher, too. Imagine that. Besides, I intend to get my own place, move my daughter in with me, and hold my head high.

 

Interviewer: Well, thanks, Katie, for talking with us. We all wish you well, but it sounds pretty impossible.

 

Star: Just watch me.

 

Interviewer: Maybe I should ask Janet K. Brown if she thinks you can do it.


Wow! That's some interview.  You can pre-order here,   http://www.pen-l.com/WorthForgiving.html 

Now, meet the author.


Janet K. Brown lives in Wichita Falls, Texas with her husband, Charles.

     Worth Forgiving, an inspirational women’s fiction, is the second in her Wharton Rock series. Her only non-fiction is Divine Dining: 365 Devotions to Guide You to Healthier Weight and Abundant Wellness.

Worth Forgiving marks Brown’s fourth book. Who knew she had a penchant for teens and ghosts? She released her debut novel, an inspirational young adult, Victoria and the Ghost, in July, 2012.

     Janet and her husband love to travel with their RV, work in their church, and visit their three daughters, two sons-in-law and three perfect grandchildren.

     Janet teaches workshops on writing, weight loss, and the historical settings of her teen books. The author uses her platform of recovering compulsive overeater to weave stories of hope for addiction, compulsion, or impossible situations.

 


on Twitter at https://twitter.com/janetkbrowntx


E-mail:  Janet.hope@att.net

32 comments:

  1. A wonderful interview, a wonderful book. A pleasure to read this post Beverly.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Janet has written another good story, Yvonne. Thanks for your kind words.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Yvonne. Let me know if you read it. I love your kind words. Beverly, I sure appreciate you having me as your guest.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the new release, Janet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Pat. Have a great afternoon.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Pat. New releases are fun.

      Delete
  3. That sounds like a really great story. Loved the interview!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Crystal. I'm looking forward to reading it.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Crystal. Beverly asks thought-provoking questions. I appreciate your compliment.

      Delete
  4. Great interview! Very interesting. The book sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great book. I LOVE her cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm curious to see what happens to Katie, Stephanie. It won't be long.

      Delete
    2. Oh, thank you, Stephanie. Kelsey @ Pen-L publishing does wonders on the covers.

      Delete
    3. Oh, yes, Beverly, only 6 more days until release. I'm so excited.

      Delete
  6. What an interesting interview. Star reminds me of Scarlet O'Hara! lol Wishing Janet much success!

    (Bev - So sorry your pc crashed. I hope you get more used to your laptop. Maybe you can find a place on the net to upload every chapter as you write, like Google Cloud.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scarlet O'Hara, one of my favorite characters.
      Thanks, Lexa. I will survive and be better organized from now on. The pictures are what I'll miss the most. I will check into saving my stuff better.

      Delete
    2. Oh, wow, Lexa. Scarlet O'Hara. I'm having to think about that. Woo-hoo!

      Delete
  7. This was a fun and interesting interview. Wishing Janet the best of luck with her latest book. Definitely sounds intriguing. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jess. I'm curious to see how the story turns out.

      Delete
    2. I appreciate your kind words, Jess.

      Delete
  8. The first two sentences of that blurb hooked me right away.

    The cover is a neat contrast with her looking so pretty and the prison in the background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty cool, huh, Chrys. The cover is just right for the story, I think.

      Delete
    2. Oh, wow, Chrys, does that ever make me feel good. I loved the contrast there, too. When the illustrator was working on it, I told her I wanted a sassy, seductive girl with hope in her eyes. That's what she came up with.

      Delete
  9. This is an interesting premise. I've rarely read about ex-cons before. The cover is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Medeia. I interviewed a young woman who is an ex-con. I never realized the prejudice & trouble they face even if their intentions are good.

      Delete
    2. Now that you mention it, Medeia, I don't recall reading about ex-cons either. Interesting.

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thanks, Brices Mice. Janet is great at interviews.

      Delete
    2. Thanks bunches, Brices Mice. We sure had some interesting comments. Does that mean Beverly has some wild viewers or is just a super interviewer? LOL!

      Delete