Monday, August 1, 2016

INK RIPPLES, GUILTY PLEASURES

Quote for the week:  Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence. Helen Keller

#InkRipples is a monthly meme created by Kai Strand, Mary Waibel, and Katie L. Carroll. They post on the first Monday of every month with a new topic. They're all authors, but you don't have to be to participate.

 
The idea of #InkRipples is to toss a word, idea, image, whatever into the inkwell and see what kind of ripples it makes. You can spread your own ripples by blogging about the topic any day of the month that fits your schedule. Just be sure to include links back to Katie, Kai and Mary.
 
There is no wrong way to do #InkRipples (with the exception of following basic human decency.) It's about having a conversation, sharing ideas, and connecting. So if this sounds at all interesting, please do participate in whatever way you can. Feel free to use any of the meme's images (created by the wonderful Mary Waibel). I'm having fun with this. I think you will too.
 
The topics for the rest of 2016 are:
 
August:  Guilty Pleasures
September:  Banned Books
October:  Masks
November:  Heritage
December:  Cookies

So, as I looked at Guilty Pleasures I wondered what to write. The first thing that popped into my mind was this: 


My favorite: Angel food cake, strawberries, and whipped cream.
 
Then I thought of this:
 
Vanilla ice cream with chocolate topping and a few nuts.
 
And this:

 
Pecan pie.
 
I told one of my sons when he was a little guy that I had a sweet tooth. He wanted to know which one. I said all of them. I eat other things too, such as:
 
Fruits and Veggies
 
Pleasures, yes.
Guilty, no.

Now, I'm hungry. Goodbye, gotta see what's in the kitchen.

Happy Eating, mmm, Happy Reading.


16 comments:

  1. Love those pictures Beverly and that qout of the week is just perfect, one must have hope, without hope how can your goals and dreams some true?.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Yvonne. They made me hungry posting them. Yes, hope helps us get through the bad times and to realize our dreams.

      Delete
  2. I'd go with a maple bar from Dunkin Donuts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never tried one, Diane, but it sounds delicious.

      Delete
  3. I'd say Hot Tamales, but I feel no guilt when I eat them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you, Alex. Enjoying food we like should not make us feel guilty.

      Delete
  4. haha well as long as they aren't ever meal, who needs guilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, Pat. A little indulgence now and then is okay. No guilt necessary.

      Delete
  5. That angel food cake looks DELICIOUS!!! Very light and sweet--perfect for summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angel food cake is my favorite, Stephanie, and it's not as full of calories as others are. We have to indulge once in a while, right? :)

      Delete
  6. My cooking is getting simple due to dietary needs of my family. Surprisingly, it is pretty good. Less is more is true in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think simple is best, Ann. Just get the vitamins and protein we need. Nothing fancy. Why spend all our time cooking? Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. Oh dear, now I'm hungry too! Very delicious post, Beverly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha. Thanks, Katie. I need to cut down on the sweets. Am trying, but I'm addicted. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  8. I haven't had angel food cake in a couple years- but it is tasty. :) Now I am hungry!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angel food is my favorite, Jess. Of course I add strawberries or peaches and Cool Whip. I hope you found something to eat to satisfy your hunger. :)

      Delete