Monday, August 15, 2016

BOOK TOUR FOR PIPER MORGAN AND STEPHANIE FARIS

Quote for the week: That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much. Robert Louis Stevenson

And now for the big moment. I'm so excited to be hosting Author Stephanie Faris on her book tour for her latest stories Piper Morgan Joins the Circus and Piper Morgan in Charge. The first thing I noticed about these books is the adorable covers. Just perfect for young readers.


  Now I want to join the circus. The cover makes it look like so much fun.
 
 
Piper Morgan's in Charge? I've got to see exactly what that means.
 
Blurb:


When Piper Morgan has to move to a new town, she is sad to leave behind her friends, but excited for a new adventure. She is determined to have fun, be brave and find new friends.


In Piper Morgan Joins the Circus, Piper learns her mom’s new job will be with the Big Top Circus. She can’t wait to learn all about life under the big top, see all the cool animals, and meet the Little Explorers, the other kids who travel with the show. She’s even more excited to learn that she gets to be a part of the Little Explorers and help them end each show with a routine to get the audience on their feet and dancing along!


In Piper Morgan in Charge, Piper’s mom takes a job in the local elementary school principal’s office. Piper is excited for a new school and new friends—and is thrilled when she is made an “office helper.” But there is one girl who seems determined to prove she is a better helper—and she just so happens to be the principal’s daughter. Can Piper figure out how to handle being the new girl in town once more?
 
 
Stephanie Faris shares a little about herself and why she created the adorable character Piper Morgan..
 
A Little Girl on an Adventure

by Stephanie Faris


When I was a little girl, I loved to read. I gravitated toward stories about young girls on adventurous journeys—even better if they had magic powers like the characters in Escape to Witch Mountain. As I grew older, my love for reading about normal people in extraordinary situations never ended. There’s something so exciting about being taken on a journey without even having to leave your home.
 
When I created Piper Morgan, I’d actually just read a truckload of Junie B. Jones books. Junie was an ordinary young girl doing ordinary things and somehow the author made it extraordinary. I didn’t want to keep my chapter book character in a classroom, though. I wanted her to go adventuring.


She’s still an ordinary girl. She just gets to perform in the circus and work in a principal’s office and help out at a rescue shelter, among other adventures. Her mom gets to work in all of these fun jobs, but only for a short while. That keeps Piper moving around the country.

Piper’s adventures aren’t too over-the-top. She doesn’t travel to other planets or go back in time. She isn’t hopping a plane to Europe or Australia. She’s staying in America, experiencing the lives our neighbors and friends live every day. And that, I think, makes her extraordinary. It also (hopefully) helps young readers see the many things they can do when they grow up. They may even learn a few things along the way.

Bio:


Stephanie Faris knew she wanted to be an author from a very young age. In fact, her mother often told her to stop reading so much and go outside and play with the other kids. After graduating from Middle Tennessee State University with a Bachelor of Science in broadcast journalism, she somehow found herself working in information technology. But she never stopped writing.



Stephanie is the Simon & Schuster author of 30 Days of No Gossip and 25 Roses. When she isn’t crafting fiction, she writes for a variety of online websites on the topics of business, technology, and her favorite subject of all—fashion. She lives in Nashville with her husband, a sales executive. 


Links:
 

Website

Blog

Facebook

Twitter

Instagram

Amazon



38 comments:

  1. They'll certainly get a taste of all the possibilities we have here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly will! Thanks, Alex.

      Delete
    2. Stephanie's characters are so real, Alex. I think kids can relate to them.

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for hosting me today, Beverly! We're going to have a blast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, Stephanie. Blast away. Your books are so adorable and fun too. Looking forward to reading these.

      Delete
  3. Stephanie, one of the great things about your stories is the fact that you show youngsters they can be extraordinary without having to have super powers or be magical. They can be themselves and be special. That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Though everyone loves fantasy novels, it's good to see that it doesn't always have to be that way just to be fun. Also, as you pointed out, youngsters don't need to hop a plane somewhere just to have an adventure.

      Delete
    2. Even when I wrote romance, it was always "realistic fiction," not historicals or paranormal. Although I love paranormal in the Twilight Zone sense, I've never enjoyed reading those sorts of things. I think I write the books I would have wanted to read when I was younger, had they been available.

      Delete
    3. So true, Mason. Stephanie has a special talent for showing characters children can identify with.

      Delete
  4. These books sound wonderful and very relatable. Congratulations, Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe Stephanie captures the essence of a little girl in these books. I love them. And the covers are perfect! Congratulations on your new series, Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Valerie! And yes, I DO love my covers. Lucy Fleming is amazing!

      Delete
  6. Always great to make them relatable and not so over the top that kids can find they can do it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping I'm covering things kids want to do, like performing in the circus or working in a principal's office for the day!

      Delete
  7. congrats. I loved those kinds of books as a kid - anything is possible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved hearing how Piper came to be, Stephanie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stephanie's tour is rocking on! Loved this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I'm going to need a vacation after all of this. I don't remember a book launch being this exhausting before...and I still feel like I'm not getting enough done each day.

      Delete
  10. Congrats to both you and Stephanie, you Beverly for a wonderful post and Stephanie with two best sellers I'm sure.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved the little girl on an adventure story! It is so fitting for the Piper Morgan books and proves what I've known all along, the spirited little girl in you has a voice in Piper Morgan! Can't wait to see you tomorrow!
    Cheers to you both on a positively delightful post ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think there's a bit of the little girl in all of us. Can't wait for tomorrow!!!

      Delete
  12. Congrats on the wonderful tour! Love seeing you here at Beverly's blog. And i really loved the books. Can't wait for more. What a wonderful character and great adventures. I'm excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rebecca! I love little Piper, so I get so excited when someone says they like the books!

      Delete
  13. So happy to see Stephanie here! I know her covers will catch the eye of many readers! :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucy did SUCH a great job with those. She's on Twitter...she's amazing.

      Delete
  14. Her covers are always fun and colorful! Congrats to her.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the covers so much! They're full of color and a great sense of humor. Congrats to Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lexa! I love how these covers turned out.

      Delete
  16. Great to see you here, Stephanie. Looks like your blog tour is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations, Stephanie! The covers are so pretty, I especially like the circus one, and the stories sound like a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing this Beverly.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes, Piper is very extraordinary. I love her personality and quick mind!

    ReplyDelete
  19. All of the Piper Morgan covers are great. I love the colors. It sounds like she has a lot of fun adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I read these two books and can't wait to read more about Piper moving around and having new experiences.

    ReplyDelete