Monday, June 6, 2016

INK RIPPLES AND MOVIES

Quote for the week:  Believe in yourself. Have faith in your abilities. Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you can not be successful or happy. Norman Vincent Peale.

Ink Ripples

#InkRipples is a monthly meme created by Kai Strand, Mary Waibel, and Katie L. Carroll. They post the first Monday of every month with a new topic. They're all authors, but you don't have to be to participate.


The idea of #InkRipples is to toss a word, idea, image, whatever into the inkwell and see what kind of ripples it makes. We provide the topics and will be  blogging about them on the first Monday of the month. You can spread your own ripples by blogging about the topic any day of the month that fits your schedule, just be sure to include links back to Katie, Kai, and Mary.

Or you can simply share your thoughts on social media using the hashtag #InkRipples. You might simply comment on one of our posts to play along. Tag us and we're always happy to share your posts and thoughts to keep those ripples going and intersecting.

Feel free to use any of the meme's images (created by the wonderful Mary Waibel.)

Topics for 2016 are:


June:  Movies
July:  Inspiration
August:  Guilty Pleasures
September:  Banned Books
October:  Masks
November:  Heritage
December:  Cookies





This month the subject is movies. I'm not a really big movie fan. I think too many other things keep me busy. Occasionally I go to the theatre, usually when family or a friend asks me to. The latest movie I've seen was Star Wars. I enjoyed it. Hope to see the next one.

When I was a kid my friends and I sometimes went to the neighborhood theatre. My favorite picture shows (yes, that's what we called them back in the day) were westerns: John Wayne, Roy Rogers and Gene Autry. I loved the horses. I also enjoyed a good Tarzan movie. Dracula I wasn't so crazy about.

Then in my teen years it was all about musicals and romance. Yeah, silly teen girls. Doris Day and Rock Hudson were the perfect couple. I wanted to sing and dance like Doris did. She was so pretty. Two bad I had two left feet and sounded like a frog croaking.

Today, I'm not a fan of all the violent shows. Truthfully, I don't even know what's showing now. My favorite movie of all time is Gone With The Wind.  Scarlet O'Hara was so selfish and exciting at the same time. Now, Clark Gable, Rhett Butler, what can I say? I like the historical part of Gone With The Wind. A close second is Rebel Without A Cause. James Dean and Natalie Wood. Need I say more?

So I have little to say about movies.

How about you? Are you a big movie fan?

Happy Reading.

26 comments:

  1. Love the quote and all about In k Ripples. Great post Beverly.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Yvonne. I always enjoy your kind comments. Have a nice week.

      Delete
  2. Actually, you just did say quite a bit!
    My passion for movies has never waned. Plus in the summer, I like a nice, air conditioned theater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I did, Alex. :) Air conditioned theater most definitely.

      Delete
  3. Gone With the Wind is one of the best films of all time. I usually catch it once a year when it gets played on TV around the holidays. I hardly ever get to the theater to see a movie, maybe a couple a year. We mostly Netflix them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about Gone With the Wind, Katie. I buy a lot of DVD's to watch. Know nothing about Neftlix. I'm so out of date. :)

      Delete
  4. Star Wars was good indeed. I've seen thousands of movies, comes from getting access to free rentals as a kid haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was, Pat. I liked the old ones better. Free is good. Have a great week.

      Delete
  5. Did you know they used John Wayne's horses in his movies? He was such a cool man. And I agree with Alex - you said a lot about movies. I love movies, but don't get to the theater as often as I'd like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like I heard that somewhere, Kai. He was a good one. Talking about John Wayne made me want to watch his movies again, so I got out the old black and white ones and will take another look at them.

      Delete
  6. I'm a dialogue lover, so today's movies don't excite me very much. Old fashioned, I guess. But I love being that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, c lee. The old movies appeal to me more than today's movies do. Nothing wrong with being old fashioned. :)

      Delete
  7. Love the quote, Beverly! I'm not such a good movie person either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karin. Welcome back. I think my concentration can't last the length of a movie. :)

      Delete
  8. I have to confess, I've only seen parts of Gone With the Wind. My favorite oldie is Gigi. Lots of great songs from that musical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, Gigi is a good one, Mary. I like musicals because they perk a person up.

      Delete
  9. Love the quote, but haven't seen the movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a lot of movies I haven't seen either. Too many other things keep me busy. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  10. Gone with the Wind is a great movie. I love to watch it a couple of times a year. :) I still don't like Dracula. Not even any remakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I, Chrys. Spooky characters are not for me. Give me a little romance, laughter, and characters I can relate to.

      Delete
  11. I don't see many many movies in the theater. I usually wait until they're on TV. Movies are great for lazy days or background noise, but I'm not a movie lover by any means.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither am I, Kelly. I sometimes buy the DVD so I can watch the movie when I'm in the mood.

      Delete
  12. I have seen Gone With the Wind and Rebel Without a Cause and enjoyed both of them. I haven't seen many westerns though. :) Loved hearing your thoughts.
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jess. Westerns aren't as popular these days as they once were. Too old fashioned I guess.

      Delete
  13. I only go to the theater once in a while. Even at home, I watch a movie here and there. I'd like to watch more, though, especially the classics and award-winning ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to find the time to sit for a couple hours to watch a movie, Medeia. I'm always thinking what I should be doing instead. :)

      Delete