Monday, May 23, 2016

SPRING FLOWERS IN THE COUNTRY

Quote for the week: You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. C. S. Lewis


This year we've had so much rain the wildflowers have gone wild. They're beautiful and I want to share some with you. So, here we go.

These are Thistles. They're growing wild in the pasture, as well as in my yard. My son mows around them. Some people call them weeds, but I call them flowers and think they're gorgeous. The hummingbirds, butterflies, and bees like them too.
 
Prickly Pear Cactus. The flowers are beautiful. The thorns are painful. So don't get too close.
 
Oops! How did Tiger get in here? Oh, he thinks he's a flower. The prettiest of them all.
 
This is a close up of a paintbrush. They make for a colorful pasture.
 
Here the paintbrush are covering the field.
 
I'm not sure what these are. Do you know?
 
These are Autumn Sage, in my flowerbed. Not wild. Butterfly moths and butterflies love them.
 
And our pond is full and running over. The ducks, frogs, and fish love it. And to think, a couple of years ago it was totally dry. Not a drop. Then the rains came.
 
Happy Reading!
 
 
 
 
 

25 comments:

  1. I love all of your wildflowers, although the Tiger one is prettiest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Diane. Tiger is the prettiest of them all.

      Delete
  2. There really is something about wild flowers, a sense of freedom and mystery. Love the kitty pic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought of them that way, but you're right. They do their own thing, grow wherever they want to. Great comparison. Tiger is a sweetie.

      Delete
  3. You have your own pond along with all those flowers - nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, we do, Alex. My son put fish in the pond too. It's a relaxing place to enjoy nature.

      Delete
  4. Really is a nice spot indeed at your feed. Tiger sure won for the best one though lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is, Pat, restful and quiet, except when the trains go by. Tiger likes to pop up in unexpected places.

      Delete
  5. Those wild flowers are such beauties! And the ducks! What a lovely place to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Lee. I enjoy my walks because of the flowers. It is peaceful, when the trains are not going past.

      Delete
  6. What a refreshing post, Awesome piictures Beverly.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is refreshing, Yvonne. Thanks for your kind words.

      Delete
  7. I love the quote! So true! I also adore wild flowers and the ones you shared look so pretty. So much is blooming here too! :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the quote too, Jess. Wildflowers sure brighten the world.

      Delete
  8. Oh my gosh. I love Thistles. Growing up they were my favorite. When I found out they were weeds, I objected. They used to grow wild around my childhood home. I'm still in the general area but haven't seen any in so long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Another thistle lover. I call them flowers, not weeds. We've had an abundance this year because of so much rain.

      Delete
  9. Oh my gosh. I love Thistles. Growing up they were my favorite. When I found out they were weeds, I objected. They used to grow wild around my childhood home. I'm still in the general area but haven't seen any in so long.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How pretty! I don't ever know the names of flowers. I feel bad about that, but I do know when I see something pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't have to know a flower's name to like it, Stephanie. I have a wildflower book that I look them up in, when I'm not sure what they are. After our four years of drought when we had few flowers, I'm enjoying these.

      Delete
  11. Beautiful pictures & an uplifting post Rain makes a difference

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Janet. Yes, the rain brought up the flowers that have been waiting. God is good.

      Delete
  12. I'd like thistles to attract butterflies. Beautiful pictures. I've also been taking plenty of pictures of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried several times to get a picture of a butterfly on the flower, but I'm not fast enough. Another photographer, yay. This has been a good year for the flowers. Enjoy.

      Delete