Wednesday, May 25, 2016

KAITLIN'S TALE REVIEW AND MY LITPICK INTERVIEW

Awhile back we had the cover reveal for Author Christine Amsden's latest novel, KAITLIN'S TALE. Today I'd like to share my review with you. If you missed the cover reveal, here's what the story is all about. Enjoy.

Blurb:

Kaitlin Mayer is on the run from the father of her baby – a vampire who wants her to join him in deadly eternity. Terrified for her young son, she seeks sanctuary with the Hunters Guild. Yet they have their own plans for her son, and her hopes of safety are soon shattered.

When she runs into Matthew Blair, an old nemesis with an agenda of his own, she dares to hope for a new escape. But Matthew is a telepath, and Kaitlin's past is full of dark secrets she never intended to reveal.

*Companion to the Cassie Scot Series
Buy Links
 
 
· Coming Soon



Ebook Release: May 16, 2016

Print Release: July 15, 2016

Audiobook Release: TBA
 
 
 

The Cassie Scot Series

Cassie Scot: ParaNormal Detective (Cassie Scot #1)
 
· Amazon
· Barnes and Noble
· Audible.com




Secrets and Lies (Cassie Scot #2)
 
 
 
· Amazon
· Barnes and Noble
· Audible




Mind Games (Cassie Scot #3)
 
 
 
· Amazon
· Barnes and Noblet
· Audible




Stolen Dreams (Cassie Scot #4)
 
 
 
· Amazon
· Barnes and Noble
· Audible




Madison's Song (a Cassie Scot Companion)
 
 
 
· Amazon
· Barnes and Noble

· Audible

KAITLIN’S TALE Review

Christine Amsden



Imagine that your husband, the father of your child, is a vampire. Imagine that he wants to make you a vampire too. What would you do? This is the dilemma facing Kaitlin Mayer. How can she save herself, and even more importantly, her one-year-old son, from a father who has plans for both of them?

In Author Christine Amsden’s latest novel, KAITLIN’S TALE, we meet familiar characters from her Cassie Scot Mystery Series. If you haven’t read those books no problem. The author gives plenty of background on each character to see their relationships to one another. (You might enjoy the series, though.) Before Jason became a vampire, Kaitlin loved him. Now, the Jason she loved is dead. A vampire lives instead. Fearing for her son and herself, Kaitlin does the only thing she can think of: she takes her baby boy and runs away to find safety with the hunters, those that destroy vampires, hoping they’ll protect her and her son.

Perhaps you’ve heard the old saying “jumping from the frying pan into the fire”. This could describe Kaitlin. Yes, the hunters are very interested in Jay, her son, as are the vampires. Told from different point-of-view characters, we discover that most everyone has a secret. Kaitlin is no exception. Besides protecting Jay she also must guard her own secrets.

Christine Amsden doesn’t make life rosy for Kaitlin, or for the others. Choices must be made. Friends can be trusted, or not. Kaitlin has to look deep within herself for the truth. If you’re like me, I crossed my fingers that life would work out for Kaitlin and her son. An exciting story, with lots of action and even a bit of romance.

###

About the Author

Christine Amsden has been writing fantasy and science fiction for as long as she can remember. She loves to write and it is her dream that others will be inspired by this love and by her stories. Speculative fiction is fun, magical, and imaginative but great speculative fiction is about real people defining themselves through extraordinary situations. Christine writes primarily about people and relationships, and it is in this way that she strives to make science fiction and fantasy meaningful for everyone.

At the age of 16, Christine was diagnosed with Stargardt’s Disease, which scars the retina and causes a loss of central vision. She is now legally blind, but has not let this slow her down or get in the way of her dreams.
 
Christine currently lives in the Kansas City area with her husband, Austin, who has been her biggest fan and the key to her success. In addition to being a writer, she's a freelance editor, mom, and foster mom.

Social Media Links:
· Website
· Newsletter
· Blog
· Facebook
· Twitter
· Goodreads

· Google+

And now, here's a peek at my recent interview with Lit Pick. Enjoy.

SIX MINUTES WITH BEVERLY MCCLURE:

Joining Lit Pick today for Six Minutes with an Author is Beverly Stowe McClure. Beverly is the author of several books, including Under a Purple Moon; Caves, Cannons and Crinolines; andStar of the Team. In addition, Beverly’s story about her biggest fan, her cat, Tiger, is in Chicken Soup for the Soul: My Very Good, Very Bad Cat: 101 Heartwarming Stories about Our Happy, Heroic & Hilarious Pets.
Beverly lives in the country and she has had deer, skunks, armadillos, and a roadrunner wander through her yard. She is known as the “Bug Lady” because she saves moths, butterflies, walking sticks and praying mantis from her cats.
How did you get started writing? 
I wrote a poem in eighth grade that my teacher sent to a high school anthology contest. It was published in YOUNG AMERICA SINGS. I wrote nothing else until I was an adult and teaching. Reading great Newberry winners with my students started getting me to think what it would be like to write stories for children. So I took a writing course, wrote several articles for children’s magazines, and to my surprise, they were published in FOCUS ON THE FAMILY CLUBHOUSE JR., JACK AND JILL, LADYBUG, and other children’s magazines. Then I tried writing novels. I haven’t stopped yet and now have thirteen books for children and teens published.
Who influenced you?
The students I taught who enjoyed reading so much.
Do you have a favorite book/subject/character/setting?
Not really. One of my favorite books to read, however, is GONE WITH THE WIND, not a children’s book. I enjoy most all subjects, except scary or vulgar ones; historical fiction is my favorite subject. To learn how people lived years ago, without our modern conveniences, shows their strength and determination to survive, despite all odds.
What advice do you have for someone who wants to be an author?
For most writers, it’s tough. A few may have a best seller with their first book, but the majority of us write for a long time before readers even know who we are. Don’t give up. If you keep writing, you will succeed. Don’t be impatient. Good things take time.
Where is your favorite place to write?
I write on my desktop computer on the desk in my “writing” room, actually a spare bedroom that I’ve converted to my office. It has a huge window where I can look out and see the birds, rabbits, and squirrels when I’m having a problem with a story. Often, taking a break to enjoy nature helps me find a solution to what’s not working in my story.
What else would you like to tell us? 
I would like to tell your readers “Thank you” for reading my stories and writing your lovely reviews. Your words of encouragement are exactly what authors need to keep them writing.  Thank you.
_______________
Beverly, thank you for spending six minutes with LitPick!  We really enjoyed reading about how you got your start in writing!
 
 


16 comments:

  1. Yeah, very very few ever have a hit with the 1st book. True indeed. Sounds like a book that keeps you engrossed too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Pat, vampires are not my favorite subjects, but I sure wanted that little boy to be safe. I'm wondering how many books it takes to be considered successful. :)

      Delete
  2. What a great interview. I love your advice for other authors! So true! Thanks for sharing. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jess. It was a fun interview. You're welcome. Keep writing. :)

      Delete
  3. I read LitPick as lipstick, and thought, "Wow, she did a lipstick interview? I wonder what that is." Clearly, I haven't had my coffee yet. Time to remedy that!

    Kaitlin's Tale sounds like an intriguing read! Great review, Beverly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha! I love it. Had you going there, huh? Hope you're better now, after coffee. Thanks for bringing laughter to my day.

      Delete
  4. It sounds an interesting story. Congrats to Christine , thanks for sharing the interview.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Romance Reader. I've enjoyed all of Christine's novels.

      Delete
  5. I remember my 7th grade teacher getting me into writing poetry.

    Great interview. I love a main character I can root for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We must have studied poetry in junior high, Medeia, though I don't really remember that much about it. Christine writes really good stories, and I'm not even a vampire fan. Seldom read about them.

      Delete
  6. I can just imagine your office, Beverly. A desk near a wide window is a must for every creative artist! And the animals outside are wonderful bonuses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Claudine. That window is just right. Sometimes I spend too much time looking out of it, taking pictures of the wild critters. But that's okay.

      Delete
  7. What a magical cover! Congratulations to Christine. I agree...writing with a view is the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Magical: a great description of the cover, Stephanie.

      Delete
  8. I think Christine is very clever to put multiple villains in the book. The more conflict the better, and multiple POVs makes sure there's always something exciting happening. The book (and series) sound awesome! Wishing Christine much success!

    I enjoyed your interview, Beverly. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is good with villains, for sure, Lexa. There's a lot of conflict among the characters which makes for exciting reading, like you said.
      Glad you enjoyed the interview. Have a good weekend too.

      Delete