Wednesday, April 20, 2016

A TO Z CHALLENGE "Q" FAMOUS QUOTES OF THE 50s

My brain could not come up with anything original for the letter "Q" so here are some famous quotes I found. I'm not sure about the dates on all of them. Enjoy. What are your favorite quotes?

This is one of my favorites:
"And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country."A famous quote by John F. Kennedy (May 29, 1917 – November 22, 1963).

 
This one could go back farther, but I heard it all the time when I was a kid.

"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."Martin Luther King Jr. (1929-1968)

I like this.


“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”Gandhi

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity."Albert Einstein




There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."Albert Einstein

 
 
 
Happy Reading!
 





12 comments:

  1. And like this challenge, "It ain't over 'til it's over". All great quotes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right, Lyndagrace. Quotes are a lot of fun.

      Delete
  2. Great quotes, Beverly! I love Nancy Reagan's as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snap Beverly you and I had the same idea about qoutes.
    Loved yours.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is that saying, Yvonne? Great minds run together. :) Yours are great too.

      Delete
  4. Great quotes. I've heard every one of them too at mmy zoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are pretty popular quotes, I think, Pat.

      Delete
  5. Q isn't an easy letter, but you did a perfect job. Enjoyed the quotes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lee. I had fun reading so many. Couldn't post them all. :)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Einstein made a lot of sense, Diane. I believe in miracles.

      Delete