Monday, March 14, 2016

ONE MORE DAY! Book Birthday! PARTY

Quote for the week:  Resolution to succeed is more important than any other. Abraham Lincoln

Tomorrow's the day. Yes, Book Birthday for UNDER A PURPLE MOON.

 
Excerpt:
 
A sign hung above the door of the otherwise normal appearing house, its glowing black letters stating WARNING ENTER ONLY IF YOU'RE AN EARTHING. On one end of the porch, a swing creaked as it swung in the light breeze. A cat, yellow eyes glowing, glided off the swing and vanished into the darkness, where a few stars sparkled through patchy clouds.
 
Toby scratched his chin. "Sierra lives here?"
 
I patted him on the arm. "It's not as bad as it looks. Her brothers made the sign. They're a little unusual."
 
"Are they Earthlings?"
 
"They claim the are. That's debatable."  I pressed the door chimes. Howls, like coyotes yapping at the moo, rang out on the other side.
 
Toby clutched my hand. "You sure you want to stay here?"
 
I sighed. "The night won't be dull, exactly what I need."
 
The porch light flared on, and the door flew open. Sierra behind it. "Eden! Toby! How ironic. I've been thinking about you guys, and here you are." She dragged me by the arm through the door.
 
Toby hung back. "No, thanks. I have to get home." He nodded at me. "It's not too late to change
your mind."
 
"I'm okay. Promise."
 
"I'll take good care of her." Sierra grinned at Toby.
 
"I know you will." He handed me his cell. "Call me if the coyotes get too wild."
 
I rolled my eyes. "Funny." I shoved the cell back at him. "I don't want this. You keep it."
 
"Nope. I'd like to get rid of the thing. Just think. No calls from my father." He grinned or grimaced; I couldn't decide which.
 
###
 
We're having a party on Face Book tomorrow, March 15, from Noon to 6 PM. (I don't know what time that will be for some of you.) You're all invited. Prizes, a couple of guest authors: Kai Strand and Melanie Robertson-King, legends, Elvis, and also a lovely grand prize.
 
Here's the link:
 
Hope to see you there.
 
UNDER A PURPLE MOON can be found at most online bookstores.
 
 
 
 
 
 
It's also available in print.
 
Happy Reading.
 
 
 
 
 
 


26 comments:

  1. Wonderful excerpt, Beverly! Exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karin. Yes, the wait will soon be over.

      Delete
  2. Woohoo! Very excited for you, Beverly! Let me know if you want me to feature it on the blog in the next couple of weeks. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katie. Yes, I'd love to be featured on you blog. Will email you.

      Delete
    2. Excellent! Looking forward to hearing from you.

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Katie. I emailed you on the 13th, I think it was, with the information about Purple Moon. If you didn't receive it, let me know and I'll send again. Have a great week.

      Delete
  3. One day to go, always exciting indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're all set for a lot of guests!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool! Sign me up to feature you on my blog, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Yes, it is, Diane. The wait is almost over. Yay.

      Delete
  7. Happy Book Birthday week. I look forward to reading this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Medeia. I hope you enjoy meeting the teens.

      Delete
  8. Loved this story so much!!! Congrats, Beverly! Yipppeeee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear friend, Darby. Your review is wonderful. So happy you liked my children's story.

      Delete
  9. Congrats, sweet Beverly, for the new book. It seems it's an interesting story, wishing you all the best in your writing career.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hamza. So happy you stopped by. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  10. Huge congrats!!! The net only recently started accepting Egyptian credit cards, so when I found your book on Smashwords I plugged in all the numbers and it went through! Yours is the first ebook I've ever bought on the net. I can't wait to read it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lexa. I'm honored to be your first. Glad they're accepting Egyptian credit cards. Hope you enjoy the story. Yay. You've made my day/night.

      Delete
  11. Beverly, I love that cover. Of course, purple is my favorite color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea, Beth. I read your post. Best of luck with writing your story. A lot of people have said purple is their favorite color. I like that.

      Delete