Wednesday, February 17, 2016

HOT PINK IN THE CITY REVIEW

Not too long ago we looked at a lovely cover reveal for HOT PINK IN THE CITY, Author Medeia Sharif's latest novel. I recently had the pleasure of reading this book and am delighted to share my thoughts with you.

 Such a colorful cover. Looks like the girl is having fun.
 
HOT PINK IN THE CITY Review
By Medeia Sharif
 
Being a teen is tough. There are parents who think they know what is best for you. There are friends that may not be the friends you think they are. And don’t forget the boys.
 
In HOT PINK IN THE CITY, by Author Medeia Sharif, sixteen-year-old Asma Bashir, tomboy, soccer star and typical teen is spending a couple of weeks during her summer vacation with her uncle and his family in New York, which is quite a change from her home in Florida. She hopes to see Madonna, who she is crazy about, as well as check out guys. (Yep, typical teen.) Things don’t turn out quite the way she planned, however. Asma and her cousin Nasreen accidentally erase Nasreen’s father’s favorite tape and soon find themselves in hot water as they attempt to replace the tape before he discovers what they did.
 
Add a couple of bad guys and a gorgeous teen boy named Abe, that Asma met on the plane and who she runs into again in the city, and the girls’ attempts to find a new tape get even more complicated. The author has created teens that are believable and fun, and that you can’t help but laugh at their situation (at least I couldn’t) while you feel for them too and cheer them on to achieve their goal so they don’t embarrass themselves and their strict families.
 
Medeia Sharif is super at showing the emotions of the characters. I could feel the girls’ panic when things went wrong and wondered if they would succeed in their quest. HOT PINK IN THE CITY is a story that teen readers should be able to relate to as it touches on many of the crises that they face. This novel would make a great addition to school classrooms and libraries, as well as public libraries and of course your own.
 
The author provided me with an e-copy of the book for my honest review.
 
###  
 
Available at Amazon  Barnes and Noble  and other places.
 
Now go pick up a copy or download it to your reader. You'll be happy you did.
 
Happy Reading.

24 comments:

  1. Congrats to Medeia on what seems a wonderful book. Also your great review Beverly.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great when it hits home with the audience indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have to read this one. It sounds like a lot of fun! Great review. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a fun read, Chrys, and might even bring back memories of those teen years.

      Delete
  4. I love the cover of this one. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and giving us a deeper look inside. I've enjoyed Medeia's work and this one is on my list to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lively cover, Kai. You're welcome. I enjoyed the story. Medeia's books are always good, at least the ones I've read.

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much, Beverly. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great story, Medeia. Best of luck with it.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a great one. Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds awesome. And I love heroes named Abe ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abe is a good name, Beth. I wish he'd been in the story a bit more cause he was pretty cool. Maybe a sequel with Abe as the star.

      Delete
  8. Sounds like a wonderful story. I like teens. They're so problematic. Ha! Thanks for sharing, Beverly. Good luck, Medeia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teens are fascinating, Janet. You never know what they'll do. You're welcome.

      Delete
  9. Sounds like a good read. You are right: being a teen is tough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good story, Claudine. Surviving the teen years is an accomplishment. :)

      Delete
  10. You made this sound so adorable! I read 52 Likes and think Medeia is a wonderful writer. Thanks so much for the review and all the details on her new book! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Lexa. I haven't read all of Medeia's books, but the ones I have are awesome.

      Delete
  11. So glad you enjoyed this one! I know my co-author, Stephanie, read it on her Kindle and she loved it too. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Medeia is a talented author, Jess. I don't know how she turns out so many stories and has a job too. Well organized, I guess.

      Delete
  12. I really need to read this one. I love Medeia's work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good story, Kelly. Medeia is amazing.

      Delete