Monday, January 4, 2016

ORGANIZATION IN 2016

Quote for the Week:  If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded.
Maya Angelou.

 
A New Year is here. We've already said Happy Near Year and all the other greetings. Now, if you're like me you're thinking about what this year will bring. Maybe you're setting goals or else you're just going along for the ride and see what happens. One goal I've set for 2016 is to GET ORGANIZED. I laugh when I type the word Organized. But I desperately need it. I'm making folders for different subjects: wip (I need three folders there), reviews, marketing, and so on. Then if I can remember where I file the folders I won't spend hours looking for something.
 
This week I'm checking out some places to promote my future book: SCBWI Parties, Lit Pick, YA Book Central, and some others I can't recall.
 
Have you set goals for the New Year?
 
Do you think you'll keep them?
 
Happy Reading and Writing.
 
 
 

20 comments:

  1. Good luck, Beverly. I need to do the same!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karin. Good luck to you this year.

      Delete
  2. I am curious about the SCBWI parties. I haven't attended any of them yet, so I'm not sure how they work. I probably should go to their site and "attend" one before my book comes out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked at some of the parties, Stephanie, but am not sure how they work either. Hope to learn more about them this week.

      Delete
  3. New ways to promote is always a good thing. My ocd keeps me organized so I am good there. Think I'll just go along for the ride this year haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a good plan, Pat. Best of luck on the ride. :)

      Delete
  4. Good goal! And I've been looking for some new opportunities as well. Found some great science fiction forums this past weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best of luck with your new opportunities, too, Alex.

      Delete
  5. Good luck with your goals and your promotion. I haven't set goals this year. Uh oh. That probably won't end well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kai. It's not too late. There's still time. You can do it. :)

      Delete
  6. Maya always said things perfectly, didn't she? Hope you have a wonderful 2016, Beverly. Here's to more of super books on the shelves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Lee. Wishing a great new year for you, as well. Waiting for your next books.

      Delete
  7. Cheers to getting more organized in 2016! I think we could all use a good dose of organization.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're probably right, Katie. We can do it. Yes, we can.

      Delete
  8. Great start to the New Year Beverly,
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Yvonne. I hope you have a wonderful 2016.

      Delete
  9. I'm posting my goals on my blog tomorrow. This is going to be a very different year for me. I can tell already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes different is good, Kelly. We all need a change or two now and then.

      Delete
  10. I am still getting organized for the new year- but I am working on it. :) Lots going on, so I haven't put my goals down on paper yet. Getting there! :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have been busy lately,Jess. New books will do that for you. :)Good luck with your goals and have fun.

      Delete