Monday, January 25, 2016

BEING CREATIVE AND DISCOVERING YOURSELF

Quote for the week:  Be brave enough to live creatively. The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. You can't get there by bus, only by hard work, risking, and by not quite knowing what you're doing. What you'll discover will be wonderful: yourself. Alan Alda.

Have you been doing anything new lately? With your writing, reading, hobbies, or other? The above quote is an interesting challenge. I'm not one to try new things; I'm comfortable with my same old routine. Or I was until I tried something new and enjoyed it.

Most of you already know, but for those of you that haven't heard, I did my first Podcast last week. Until recently, I had no idea what a Podcast was. Then I received a phone call, asking if I'd be interested. Why not? So I agreed. And had a great time. It was about:

I received my copies of Chicken Soup for the Soul, My Very Good, Very Bad Cat
Patches is looking them over. I hope she's not too upset that she's not in the book.
Tiger's not interested.
He'd rather play in the grocery sack. Maybe he'll find a treat inside.
 
Here are some books I've read that you might enjoy too.
Polar Opposites, Book 2 of the Super Villain Academy Series
by Kai Strand
 
The wishing Well, from Another Weaver Tale Series
by Kai Strand
 
More books to follow.  I have a lot that I've read, am reading, and will read. This wasn't my idea to show me reading them, but it is interesting. They say a picture's worth a thousand words. Are "they" right?
 
Reviews for latest reads on Wednesday.
 
Happy Reading!
 
 
 

20 comments:

  1. Wonderful pictures Beverly and what a wonderful, true quote?. I very often question why my life takes certain directions......usually a way I don't want and nine times out of ten it's my own doing.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Yvonne. The quote is great. We don't always understand, and like you say, a lot of what happens is because of the choices we make. Have a wonderful week. Hope you're all well soon.

      Delete
  2. All good things happening for you, Beverly. Exciting! I love the Alan Alda quote!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things have been great lately, Karin. Nice after those long months when nothing happens. Yes, the quote is a good one.

      Delete
  3. Awesome that you got copies of the book! Nothing like holding it in your hands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Alex, they sent me 10 copies of the book. It is really exciting.

      Delete
  4. Great quote indeed. Sure look to be enjoying the books while Tiger enjoys the bag

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy my story is in this book, Pat. Yeah, Tiger could care less about the books. He like the box though and later climbed into it.

      Delete
  5. I haven't tried anything new creatively but this year is my year of trying new things all-around. It's invigorating! And scary. ;P

    Look at those Chicken Soup books! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you'd enjoy a podcast, Chrys. You might want to try it with all your other new things.
      The books are wonderful. They sent me 10 copies.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on your first podcast. I have never done one, and it would be a huge stretch for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elizabeth. The podcast was really easy. We talked over the telephone. Very nice lady. I wasn't nervous at all, well, maybe a little.

      Delete
  7. You and the cats look darned happy, and you have every right to be. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, Patches is adorable! Congrats on your first podcast. I love doing those. It's been a while though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelly. She's a sweet cat, though Tiger would disagree. The podcast was fun. I'll be able to hear it next Tuesday. Kind of nervous about that. They will edit it though.

      Delete
  9. What a great post! Congrats on the books and your first podcast. Sounds fun! It can be hard to try something new- but a lot of the time we are happy to have broken out of our usual routine. ;)

    Love the pictures and am looking forward to your reviews!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jess. The Chicken Soup books are so inspiring. The podcast was fun. It was different. I enjoy taking pictures, the poor cats often my subjects. :)

      Delete
  10. My, you are brave, Beverly. I have no idea what doing a Podcast is like. Your challenge is a good one. Since I began my writing journey 9 years ago, I've done things I would've never imagined. I didn't even know how to do e-mail then. However, getting out of our comfort zone is good for us. Creativity thrives on it. I love your post. Good luck with the anthology.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea either, Janet, but I thought why not? It really was easy. I just talked about my cat. The lady asked a few questions. That was it. You're so right about getting out of our comfort zone. Most times it's not as scary as we think. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete