Wednesday, December 16, 2015

#INKRIPPLES

All right! I know this isn't Monday, the day Ripples in the Inkwell is supposed to be posted. I'm posting it anyway, cause it's so exciting.

Good News! The Meme #InkRipples will continue into 2016. There will be some changes. The name has changed from Ripples in the Inkwell to #InkRipples. A lot of other things are changing too, and it sounds like a lot of fun. For details, go to one of the ladies that started the meme: Katie L. Carroll, Kai Strand, and Mary Waibel. I think you'll want to join.

They have new images too. Here's one of them.


The Topics for 2016 are:

January - Travel
February - Chocolate
March - Feminism
April - Poetry
May - Memories
June - Movies
July - Inspiration
August - Guilty Pleasures
September - Banned Books
October - Masks
November - Heritage
December - Cookies

And the last meme for 2015 is Celebration/Gifts.

These days, when I think of "gifts" I think mostly of being together with family. That doesn't happen often because we're so scattered. We talk on the phone, and when my grandson-in-law was in Korea last year, he talked to his kids on Skype, which was neat. This year? I'm not sure.

My son that lives nearby, my son that lives in SC but is coming for a visit, and the cats and I will celebrate Christmas quietly this year. We'll maybe see the granddaughters, except for the one in California. I'll play Christmas carols on the piano. And we'll celebrate the birth of Jesus.

How will you celebrate this year?  

  

18 comments:

  1. Christmas is all about family! We'll be going to my mother-in-law's house in East Tennessee. We don't get up there as often as we used to now that my stepdaughter is older. We all three used to take that trip at least once a month and now we're lucky to get there a couple of times a year...so holidays are special!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a wonderful time with your family, Stephanie. The holidays are special. Merry Christmas.

      Delete
  2. The cats and I will be going to the other sea, so family indeed and 12 cats and 3 dogs lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a lot of cats and dogs, Pat. Sounds like fun. I hope they all get along. Merry Christmas.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I copied this from Katie's blog: How can you participate? Glad you asked because there are lots of ways. The idea of #InkRipples is to toss a word, idea, image, whatever into the inkwell and see what kind of ripples it makes. We provide the topics and will be blogging about them on the first Monday of the month. You can spread your own ripples by blogging about the topic any day of the month that fits your schedule, just be sure to include links back to the three of us please (Katie – http://www.katielcarroll.com/blog/, Kai – http://kaistrand.blogspot.com/, and Mary – http://waibelworld.blogspot.com/). Or you can simply share your thoughts on social media using the hashtag (#InkRipples). Or even just comment on one of our posts. Tag us and we’re always happy to share your posts and thoughts to keep those ripples going and intersecting. There's more at http://www.katielcarroll.com/blog/ Hope this helps.

      Delete
  4. Have a wonderful time with family and friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Romance Reader. You have a great holiday as well.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you, Yvonne.Same to you. Stay healthy, relax, and enjoy the season.

      Delete
  6. Have a cozy time with your family, Beverly! I'll be spending it with mine over dinner and perhaps a stroll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Claudine. A stroll sounds lovely. Enjoy your family time together.

      Delete
  7. Nice to see MuseItUp authors getting together to support each other. Your Christmas with family, cats, and carols sounds like it will be cozy and happy. Wishing you joy of the season, Beverly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, support is nice, Lexa. Thanks for your kind wishes. Have a nice holiday too. I'm thinking I have a Christmas card from my brother when he was stationed in Egypt during WWII. That's a long time ago. Must see if I can find it.

      Delete
  8. We're keeping it quiet this year and staying home. So far I haven't found my Christmas spirit. Hope it arrives by tomorrow! Have a wonderful Christmas with your family, Beverly. I'm looking forward to sharing another great writing year with you in 2016!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried to reply before but am having Internet trouble, again. Staying home is good. There were only three of us here this year, but we enjoyed being together. I hope you found your Christmas Spirit and had a fantastic day. And, yes, may 2016 be a successful year for our writing. I know you have some new characters to introduce us to. Waiting to meet them.

      Delete
  9. Great hashtag. My holiday has been pretty quiet. I feel the same way, that someone's presence is like a gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'd much rather have visitors, family and friends, than purchased items. Have a Happy New Year, Medeia.

      Delete