Monday, December 7, 2015

AN INTERVIEW WITH MULTI-AWARD WINNING AUTHOR CHRISTINE LINDSAY

Quote for the week: True friendship is like sound health; the value of it is seldom known until it is lost. Charles Caleb Colton.

Please welcome my guest today, Multi-Award Winning Author Christine Lindsay. She was kind enough to answer some questions for me. Thanks for stopping by, Christine.

 
 


Hi, Christine, Welcome to my blog. Please tell us about yourself and how you became a writer.

 

I knew I was a writer in college, but was too scared to pursue what my heart wanted, so I took accounting instead. Big Mistake!!! Anyway, a couple of years later I became pregnant out of wedlock and relinquished my baby girl to adoption. That changed me in so many ways. Many years later, after I married and had 3 more children, my birth-daughter Sarah and I were reunited. She was 20 at the time. The reunion was so difficult for me, and I went through an emotional breakdown. My husband found me crying one day and went out and bought me a new journal and pen, and said, “Here, honey, write it.”

 

That was the start. That journaling turned into a writing and speaking career where I love to share how God can turn our broken hearts into joyful hearts.

 

What a touching story. Thanks for sharing it with us.

 

Twitter your newest release in 140 characters or less.

 

Multi-Award-Winning #christianauthors #fiction Veiled at Midnight by @CLindsayWriter Exciting historical like @masterpiecepbs Indian Summer

 

 

How did you come up with the idea for your book and were there any glitches along the way?

 

There were lots of glitches in my debut novel Shadowed in Silk, but I feel now I was cutting my writing teeth on my first book. The rest of the books in that trilogy were quicker and easier to write as well as my other stand-alone books. But with each book I’m ready to make the changes whenever I feel the book isn’t right. I’m one of those oddballs that doesn’t mind revising and cutting. I’ve got to get the story right.  That’s more important to me that making a sale.  

 

I started out writing the kind of book I love (epic historicals from the likes of MM Kaye) but from a Christian perspective.

 

You’re shipwrecked on a deserted island. What character from a book other than yours would you want to be stranded there with you? Why?

 

Captain Alex Randall in MM Kaye’s novel Shadow of the Moon. Still to this day that is the most romantic book I’ve ever read. Alex appears to be a stiff upper-lipped Englishman, but that only covers up a sensitive heart brimming with courage. When Alex and the love of his life, Winter de Ballesteros a beautiful English heiress with some Indian blood, are stranded in the jungle during the 1857 Indian Uprising I am swept away with Alex finally giving in to his feelings for Winter. Oh my, is it getting hot in here?

 

If you could choose to live in another time, would you prefer the past or the future?

 

Past, that way I can choose the era and know if it was a safe time. I’ve always had a desire to go back and spend a day in my childhood, playing in my old backyard, walking down my old street, seeing my old school and friends. Just feeling 10 again.

 

Are you working on any new books? Tell us about them.

 

This 2016 I have two new books coming out. One is my non-fiction account of my relinquishment of my first child to adoption and about our painful reunion 20 years later. Relinquishing my child taught me so much about the Father’s love for us. That book called Just Like Hannah has other people’s reunion stories braided in with mine. Connect with me on some of the links below (especially my quarterly newsletter) to be alerted when that book comes out.

 

The other book I have coming out in 2016 is a historical romance. Here is the link to read the first chapter of SOFI’S BRIDGE.

 

And I’ve started a new series set on the rugged coastline of Ireland where I was born.

 

Where can your fans learn more about you?

 








My Quarterly Newsletter: What’s Christine Up To Next?

 

Would you like to share anything else with your fans?

 

I’d love to keep you informed about my books coming out. I only do a newsletter once a quarter but pack it fill of giveaways and gifts for my special readers.

 

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day, Christine, to visit with us.  Stop by anytime.

Happy Reading.

18 comments:

  1. I did the whole accounting thing too, hey it pays the bills, sorta lol touching story how you got back to writing indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I chose accounting because I thought it would be the `sensible`thing to do. How did it work out for youÉ

      Delete
    2. Christine's story is a touching one, Pat, and it shows, to me at least, that good can come out of something bad at the time.

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry for what you went through, Christine. I couldn't imagine putting a baby up for adoption and then meeting him/her 20 years later. But I'm glad it made you write. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A person just never knows what lies ahead, Chrys, and what might lead to a future story. That's one of the interesting things about being an author, I think.

      Delete
  3. A wonderful interview, What you went through must have been awful for you, One brave lady to write of her life.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yvonne. It was tough at the time and for many, many years later. However, looking back on it all now I can see God`s gentle hand with me. That`s why I always write happy endings in my books, because God gave them to me. Not perhaps in the ways I was first looking for those happy endings, but in His style and in His timing. Perfect.

      Delete
  4. What a sweetheart of a husband to recognize exactly what you needed to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. He is a darling man. I have so much to thank my David for. My fictional character in my very first book is based lightly on my husband. Not in looks, but in character. Major Geoff Richards is the character I mean in Shadowed in Silk.

      Delete
  5. What a great interview! She sounds like someone who knew what she wanted and went after it. I, too, felt like I needed to get a more reliable degree, so I majored in journalism...writing with a steady paycheck. It comes in handy in my freelance writing, so I'm glad I did it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That steady paycheck always helps, Stephanie. And it's nice when he goes along with your desire to write. Great combination.

      Delete
    2. I have to agree Stephanie, I do have a stubborn streak that I do go after the things I want, but yet. The Lord has taught me through some painful lessons to leave the choosing to Him. He knows what is best for me.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for a super interview, Beverly. Christine is a favorite author of mine. Nothing like writing from a perspective that you've lived through yourself. Good luck, Christine with all the upcoming books. Beverly, I love your quote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Janet. Her books do sound wonderful.
      I thought the quote was neat too. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. It was great to learn about Christine and her books. I love the idea of going back and spending a day being 10 again. Imagine the perspective we would gain! Wishing her all the best. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be fun looking at our 10-year-old selves, Jess. Life was so simple then, even though we thought it was complicated.

      Delete