Wednesday, November 4, 2015

UNDER A PURPLE MOON COVER REVEAL and IWSG DAY

November is a busy month. First, Monday was my birthday. I'm not telling. Second, this is IWSG Day. And third is the Cover Reveal for my YA novel UNDER A PURPLE MOON.


No Love in the Garden of Eden...

 

Eden Rose has learned to deal with her mother’s criticism that she can do nothing right. What she can’t deal with are the arguments between her parents. To escape their angry words, she finds refuge in an old abandoned house. She always returns home, hoping her mother will love her one day, even though Eden’s not sure what the word love means.

 

Three other teens with problems also hang out at the Old House. Meeting Murphy, Toby, and Josh changes Eden’s world, and she begins to have faith in herself. Perhaps she can do something right, after all.

 

Thanks to the boys, she begins to understand the meaning of love. But will it be enough to save her broken home life?

 

Release date - March 15, 2016

$17.95 USA, 6x9 Trade paperback, 270 pages

Freedom Fox Press - Dancing Lemur Press, L.L.C.

Fiction/Young Adult - General (JUV000000) / Girls & Women (JUV014000)

Print ISBN 9781939844132 eBook ISBN 9781939844149

$4.99 EBook available in all formats
 
 
 
Short Bio:
 
 
Most of the time, you’ll find Beverly Stowe McClure at her computer, typing stories little voices whisper in her ears. When she’s not writing, she’s snapping pictures of wildlife, flowers and clouds. She’s sometimes known as the “Bug Lady.” She’s not telling why.
 
Happy Reading!
 
 
The Insecure Writer’s Support GroupPurpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!

Posting: The first Wednesday of every month is officially Insecure Writer’s Support Group day. Post your thoughts on your own blog. Talk about your doubts and the fears you have conquered. Discuss your struggles and triumphs. Offer a word of encouragement for others who are struggling. Visit others in the group and connect with your fellow writer - aim for a dozen new people each time. Be sure to link to this page and display the badge in your post.

Let’s rock the neurotic writing world!

Our Twitter hashtag is #IWSG
Our Ninja Leader is Alex J. Cavanaugh.
 
His awesome co-hosts for the November 4 posting of the IWSG are Stephen Tremp, Karen Walker, Denise Covey, and Tyrean Martinson! 

Today, I'd like to add a word of encouragement.
Never give up.
I have a wall full of "No thanks" letters from publishers. I look at them now and smile.
Stay the course.
Write from the heart.
Try something new ; you never know unless you try. I'm going to talk about this during my school visit later this month.
Have faith in yourself.
And have fun.

Happy Reading!






 
 
 

 
 

41 comments:

  1. Awesome cover indeed. Very true, can't give up. Have to keep on pushing forward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pat. I think it's lovely. Absolutely. Believe in yourself.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It's different, I think, Katie. I've not seen very many purple covers. :)

      Delete
  3. Lovely cover and a great post to read.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice theme to share when you make your school visit. I love the title of your book, and the theme sounds interesting. One for my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elizabeth. I think it will work with the kids. I hope you enjoy the story. Have a great day.

      Delete
  5. Good advice. Rejection is just part of the scenery, so might as well treat is as such!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tamara. It is, and every rejection can help us learn and improve our work until it's the best we can make it.

      Delete
  6. Good advice. Rejection is just part of the scenery, so might as well treat is as such!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,
    I love your advice. I have a plaque sitting on my desk that says never, never, never give up and it is when I am experiencing days like today that it strengthens me and keeps me going.
    Shalom,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pat. Your plaque is absolutely right. Hang in there, the sun will shine tomorrow.

      Delete
  8. You know I love this book and this cover. I'm so, so happy for you, Beverly. Thanks for sharing your encouragement. You're right, persistence is an important key in this business. Don't lose sight of your goal. Now, has anyone found my inspiration? That's another important key to a whole other door. *winks*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kai. You know how long I worked on this story, and you read it often enough to have it memorized. :) It has some changes.
      Your inspiration is there, waiting for you to discover it, probably at the moment when you least expect it. I have faith in you. You write great stories. A holiday is necessary sometimes. And then you'll be off and running, creating another world and characters that we will love.

      Delete
  9. Happy birthday! (Late!) Have some virtual cheese, eh?

    Love your last peice of advice. If we can't have fun in this industry, what are we doing here?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the birthday wishes, Crystal. The virtual cheese was yummy. :)
      You're right about the fun. Laugh along with the characters.

      Delete
  10. The cover is awesome! Be proud of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am proud of it, Alex. It fits the story perfectly.

      Delete
  11. I like the "try something new" encouragement. My books have all been about women and relationships. Am thinking about book #4 being from a male's POV. Thanks for the shot in the arm! Love your cover reveal...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea, Terry. I like to write from both a girl's and a boy's pov. It sure gets interesting trying to think the way they think.
      You're welcome. Hope the shot helps a lot.

      Delete
  12. Great advice, Beverly. Congrats on a great cover for your upcoming release.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome cover and synopsis! Can't wait to ready it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Donna. I worked on this one for a long time.

      Delete
  14. Eye-catching cover. Makes me curious to discover the reason for a purple moon.
    I used to have a poster of a cartoon drawing with a bird (like a heron) swallowing a frog, but the frog had his hands around the bird's neck. The caption was "never give up." Made me laugh, but also helped me forge onward! Thanks for a great post. Best wishes on your upcoming release!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the characters in the story gave me the idea for the title, J Q. You never know what they'll say. :) That poster is neat and true. A little encouragement helps keep us going. Thanks.

      Delete
  15. Awesome cover! I like the colors. Thank you so much for the encouraging words. I love your idea of writing from the heart. I need to definitely do that more. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Murees. You have a great weekend too.

      Delete
  16. Congrats on such a lovely cover! I love the moon and the colors, and it sounds like a great story.

    Never give up. That's what I tell myself every day, and what I tell aspiring authors. NEVER GIVE UP! :D Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chrys. I think the illustrator did a lovely cover.
      I remind myself of that every day too. In this crazy world we need it, I think. :)

      Delete
  17. congrats on the pretty purple cover! and it sounds like a hopeful story for a ya audience!

    ps - thanks for stopping by my simulation release tour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tara. I love the cover. I hope the story is inspiring for YA readers.
      My pleasure. :)

      Delete
  18. Replies
    1. Thanks, Stephanie. Purple is a good color. :)

      Delete
  19. Congrats on the new cover! That purple is both lovely and eerie. Thanks very much for the words of encouragement because sometimes this publishing business seems too hard to bear. Have a lovely weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is kind of eerie, now that you mention it, which really goes along with the story.
      Yes, sometimes I wonder what the heck I'm doing writing. Then I remind myself I can quit anytime I want to, but I don't want to. Maybe being a writer makes us tough.
      Have a lovely weekend too.

      Delete
  20. I can always use words of encouragement. I love the cover. I can't wait to get a copy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all need encouragement at times, Medeia. :)
      Thanks. I'm pleased with the cover. I'm anxious to get my copies too. Have a nice week.

      Delete
  21. Ah, I remember this book.. these characters. I love the title and the amazing purple book cover!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda. Yes, this is the book I worked on like forever. It's undergone many changes, including the title. And the cover is just right. Have a great week. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete