Monday, November 16, 2015

TIGER A STAR?

Quote for the week:  Look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see, and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. Stephen Hawking

November is turning out to be an exciting month. My birthday was just the beginning.

First: I'm looking forward to my school visit this Tuesday, and I'm a bit nervous as well. It's been years since I taught. After I retired, I visited the schools a few times, but so much has changed since then. I've been practicing my program. The cats eye me like I'm crazy. Doesn't everyone talk to the room?

Second: Tiger will soon be a star. Well, at least the character in a story. Yep, he's in the anthology CHICKEN SOUP FOR THE SOUL, MY VERY GOOD, VERY BAD CAT: 101 HEARTWARMING STORIES ABOUT OUR HAPPY, HEROIC & HILARIOUS PETS. Tiger's one of the Very Good Cats. The story has special meaning for me.

Now doesn't Tiger look like a hero?


Third: I have Advanced Review Copies of UNDER A PURPLE MOON. Will be sending them out for reviews this week. If you're interested, I have ePub and Mobi. Email me for a copy.

That's it for me. Nap time. I can't sleep lately. Too much happening.

How about you? What are you up to these days?



22 comments:

  1. He looks really regal up there in the tree. Congrats on all the good things. Nothing wrong with talking to the room lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quote, Beverly. Curiosity is good! Congratulations on all of your accomplishments. Exciting month indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I read that quote, Karin, I thought of children. Most of them are curious about every little thing. Sometimes adults forget to be curious. Thanks. It has been a busy month, which is good.

      Delete
  3. Good luck on your school visit. Fingers crossed for you. I know you'll rock that classroom, though! A former teacher can do school visits like no one else. You know how to relate to children in a way many of us don't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stephanie. I hope you're right. It's an all day thing. 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades. I taught at this school, years ago.

      Delete
  4. You'll be fine during that visit.
    Congratulations to you and Tiger both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement, Alex. Tiger thanks you too.

      Delete
  5. Love that Stephen Hawking quote.

    Congrats to you and Tiger! He is one special kitty. My cats are cheering for him. They all want to read his story. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tiger says "Thank you," to your kitties, Chrys. Maybe they'll have a chance to read his story. :)

      Delete
  6. A great qoute, hope you had a good birthday, Also all the wonderful things in November.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thought it was a good one, Yvonne. Birthday was quiet. Hope you have a wonderful November.

      Delete
  7. You've got all kinds of exciting news, Beverly! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandra. Everything seems to happen at the same time. I'm excited. :)

      Delete
  8. Wishing you the best of luck with your school visit. It sounds like fun and I am sure you will be great. :)

    Look at all your exciting news. So happy for you!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jess. I hope the kids have fun.
      Life has been good this month.

      Delete
  9. Just stopped by to say hey and congrats to the super star hero:) He's a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey back at ya. Thanks, Sandra. He's a sweetie.

      Delete
  10. Happy Birthday! (Late.) Let me send you a box of liquid sleep to keep you going--man do I ever know that feeling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the best gift a girl (granny) could want. It's working already. Sleep is closing in.

      Delete
  11. Happy belated birthday. I hope your visits go well. I love your kitty. He reminds me of my childhood cat, who was also named Tiger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Medeia. The visit was a lot of fun. The students were eager to talk. We needed a lot more time. Tiger is a sweetie. A good name. :)

      Delete