Friday, September 18, 2015

STAR OF THE TEAM REVIEW

Friday Fun. Okay, I had some good news this week. That's fun. Well, actually a couple of good things, but one will have to wait until next week because it's not for sure yet. What I'd like to share with you today is a very nice review from Children's Literary Classics International Book Awards and Reviews.

 
STAR OF THE TEAM Review
 
Last year Kate was one of the best players on her team.  But now the new girl, Emily, has joined the Angels. When Emily stops bragging long enough to play, she proves she's actually pretty good, which really gets under Kate's skin.  Kate wants nothing more than to be the star of the team; and she's willing to work hard to make that dream a reality. But when Kate has an accident on the court, her dreams are put on the back-burner.  As she takes a break from basketball, Kate finds time for some insightful introspection.
 
Author Beverly Stowe McClure continues to captivate young audiences with her book, Star of the Team, which speaks to girls on many levels.  Her ability to portray the myriad of hopes, fears and frustrations of her young characters is a big part of what makes McClure an exceptional writer.  Fans of McClure's writing will not be disappointed with this book which will appeal to young readers, even those who may not follow basketball.
 
Star of the Team comes highly recommended for home and school libraries and has earned the Literary Classics Seal of Approval.
 
LITERARY CLASSICS Book Awards & Reviews International Book Awards • Top Honors Youth Book Awards • Seal of Approval http://www.clcawards.org
Posted by L
Thanks for letting me share with you.
 
Happy Reading!

20 comments:

  1. WOO HOO, Beverly, such exciting news!!! Congratulations:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karin. I was surprised. I sent them the book so long ago I'd decided they weren't going to review it. Happy I was wrong.

      Delete
  2. That is awesome indeed, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great review. I truly enjoyed this book. The kids were so true to life and I loved the sports setting. Girls play sports too, we just don't see the everyday of it enough. Congrats, Beverly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kai. And thanks for your great review. I'm glad readers are liking the characters.

      Delete
  4. That is a great review! Congratulations!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chrys. Reviews like this are encouraging.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations Beverly exciting news indeed.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Yvonne. I was surprised and pleased to learn of this review.

      Delete
  6. OMG, so awesome! I need to read this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Stephanie. It was a fun story to write.

      Delete
  7. Congratulations! What an awesome review. So happy for you and I look forward to reading this one. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jess. I like the review. The story was fun to write, and my editor was great with the basketball tips. Hope you enjoy the story.

      Delete
  8. Fantastic review. Congratulations. I'd like to read this book. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Medeia. The review makes me smile. :)

      Delete
  9. What a great review, especially the part about you captivating your young audiences! What a wonderful way to put it. Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lexa. I'm so happy they like my story. They do have a way with words.

      Delete