Wednesday, September 2, 2015

INSECURE WRITER'S SUPPORT GROUP

Today is the first Wednesday in September, which means it's Insecure Writer's Support Group day.
Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!

Awesome Ninja Alex J. Cavanaugh is the founder of the IWSG.

Let’s rock the neurotic writing world!

Our Twitter hashtag is #IWSG



His awesome cohosts for September 2 are  Julie Flanders, Murees Dupé, Dolorah at Book Lover, Christine Rains, and Heather Gardner!

 Be sure to visit theInsecure Writer’s Support Group Website!!!






 


 
Am I insecure? It depends. Sometimes yes. Sometimes no.
How about you? Do you have mixed days?

As I was wondering what to write about today, the words to a song came to me. Many of you probably haven't heard of it because the song was copyrighted in 1952, before you were born. The title is I BELIEVE, words and music by Ervin Drake, Irvin Graham, Jimmy Shirl and Al Stillman. Yeah, I know. Who are they?

Anyway, the opening lines are "I believe for every drop of rain that falls, a flower grows." And the song goes on with other lovely thoughts. So I got to thinking. Yes, that's scary, I know. But why not apply this idea to my writing?

So I can say: "I believe for every word I write, a story grows. I believe that in the darkest times, a light will glow. I believe that when I lose the way, a little voice will save the day. When I type the last line of the story, then I know why I believe.

Do you believe?

Happy Writing!  







30 comments:

  1. I remember that song Beverly, Daniel has recorded it but I can remember Frankie Laine singing it many years ago. The words are very inspiring.
    Enjoyed your post.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you would, Yvonne. Yes, according to my music book it says that Frankie Laine reached #2 on the pop charts with the song. 1953.

      Delete
  2. I know that song! Elvis covered it on one of his Christmas albums. My dad used to listen to it all the time. Well said! I think you described it perfectly. With every word, a story definitely grows. I definitely believe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have that album, Murees. The cover shows Elvis when he was very young. I'm a big fan of his. Thank you. Now to make that story grow. It kind of crawled along today. :)

      Delete
  3. That is a good belief to have. As it is true, every word the story grows

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pat. Sometimes my brain actually thinks. :)

      Delete
  4. Oh my, I love this! Word by word a story grows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karin. It's funny what comes to mind at times. The thought encourages me.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks, Alex. I'm glad you believe. Your books prove it.

      Delete
  6. I LOVE that song! I like Leann Rimes' version of it. Beautiful. And whenever I listen to it, it touches me in some way.

    I believe! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chrys. I haven't heard Leann Rimes' version but imagine it's beautiful. Yes, I play it on the piano quite often, usually when I need to relax and forget about stuff for awhile.

      Delete
  7. That song has touched a lot of people. Thanks for reminding me of the words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, C Lee. It is a song that, to me, is inspiring.

      Delete
  8. What a lovely comparison. Did not think I knew this song until I read the lyrics. Both sets of lyrics are inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon. The song just spoke to me. I play it on the piano often. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  9. That is really lovely! And it sounds appreciative and optimistic. I must confess that recently, I don't believe....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lexa. I'm sorry. Can I help? I know sometimes life is frustrating. I think the older I get, the more I appreciate each day and am motivated to do what makes me happy. Hugs.

      Delete
  10. Well those are lovely, inspiring thoughts! Thanks for spreading the positive messages. :) Have a lovely day.
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jess. I try to be positive when possible. Life's too short to dwell on the bad stuff. You have a lovely day too. (or night now.)

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thank you, Christine. I'm happy you believe. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  12. I do believe. Our words have a lot of power and take a life of their own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you believe, Medeia. You're so right. We seldom know what influence our stories have on others. We hope for the good.

      Delete
  13. That is all SO true!!! I always fear that the next word I write will be the one that takes my book in the wrong direction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is scary, Stephanie. Each word is so important. I guess that's why I'm such a slow writer. I keep changing the words. :)

      Delete
  14. I love that thought that for every word I write, a story grows. That's encouraging to another insecure writer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're doing a lovely job with your words, Janet. Looking forward to your next one.

      Delete
  15. Very true & I have heard the song. It came out before I was born., but it was one of my mom's sister's favorite songs. I love how you've applied to words to writing. Fantastic post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Melissa. The song is an "oldie" but I still like it. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete