Wednesday, August 5, 2015

INSECURE WRITER'S SUPPORT GROUP AND WRITER'S REBEL CREED

Welcome Wednesday! Today is the first Wednesday of August, and you know what that means.

 
The Insecure Writer’s Support Group



Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!
 
Posting: The first Wednesday of every month is officially Insecure Writer’s Support Group day. Post your thoughts on your own blog. Talk about your doubts and the fears you have conquered. Discuss your struggles and triumphs. Offer a word of encouragement for others who are struggling. Visit others in the group and connect with your fellow writer - aim for a dozen new people each time. Be sure to link to this page and display the badge in your post.

Let’s rock the neurotic writing world!

Our Twitter hashtag is #IWSG

 
Ninja Alex J. Cavanaugh is the founder of IWSG. Be sure and visit his blog.
 
The awesome co-hosts for the August 5 posting of the IWSG are Nancy Gideon, Bob R Milne, Doreen McGettigan, Chrys Fey, Bish Denham, and Pat Garcia!
 
Am I insecure? Not so much, but just a little. I'm writing more than one story. Whether that's a good idea or not, I don't know. It's easy to keep them separated. They're quite different stories. For different ages. We'll see how it goes.
 
I'm also submitting another story to publishers. You know what that means. Changes have to be made in the queries and to what you send (whole story, chapters, synopsis, etc.) for each one because they all require different things. A little insecurity there, wondering if anyone will like my work.
 
Still, I live in hope. How about you? Do you write more than one story at a time? How does it work for you, if so?
 
 
 
S. A. Larsen started WRITER'S REBEL CREED.
 
It's a good way to check yourself. Wonder how I'm doing?
 
I think the one I'm learning the most about is the last one: Trust in the beauty of revisions. I used to hate them, but now it's neat to read the rough draft of a story and then the final (hopefully) edition. Mine change a lot.
 
I'm working on trusting my gut, accepting good advice, but keeping what my heart tells me is right.
 
We won't mention the flaws.
 
What is your Writer's Rebel Creed?
 
Happy Reading.
 

 
 

23 comments:

  1. Good luck with your submissions! Yes, making every one follow the specifics for that pubber can be annoying. I haven't figured out how to write more than one project at a time. "Trust in the beauty of revisions" - I love that! I'm doing my best to follow it. Have a great day, Beverly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lexa. I multitask at just about everything. Just me. :)
      You have a great day too.

      Delete
  2. Good luck with your new submissions, I'm sure they will be fine. I very often get "
    lost as to what subject to write a poem about, but something always turn up .
    Great post to read.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Yvonne. The inspiration is there, we just have to wait for it sometimes.

      Delete
  3. Good luck with the queries.
    I like the revision stage best. That's when a story really comes together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alex. Exactly, and the characters sometimes tell us little secrets they haven't mentioned before. :)

      Delete
  4. I've written a few at the same time, pretty good at it at my sea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With as many books as you turn out, Pat, I imagine you have several going at a time. Yay you.

      Delete
  5. I work on multiple mss at a time too...when I'm writing (sigh). Best of luck with your subs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you do, Kai, and I also know one day that inspiration bug will bite you again and you'll be back in the groove. I want to read what you write.

      Delete
  6. I must be getting older because this past year I can only seam to concentrate on one of my own MS's at a time. It probably is because I am doing a lot of freelance stuff and ghostwriting.
    I wish you the best with your submissions and agree they all have their little quirky differences on what they want and how they want it submitted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you're not as old as me, Doreen. :) You're probably right about the other writing you're doing making a difference.
      Thanks for your best wishes.

      Delete
  7. It's hard for me to work on more than one story at a time. I even have difficulty starting a new book when the old one is less than a year old.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's hard for me to work on more than one story at a time. I even have difficulty starting a new book when the old one is less than a year old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what's so nice about being a writer, Karen. Each of us can work in our on way.

      Delete
  9. Actually I do write more than one thing at a time, although usually one story or book gets a more steady focus than the other things I'm working on. After the query letter is sent out - yes, that's the time I get a teeny bit nervous. Best of luck on your latest submissions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's kind of the way I work, Elizabeth. One story is top priority and the other is for a change of pace. When the first one is done, the second one gets my full attention.
      Thanks. We'll see what happens.

      Delete
  10. I can work on 2 drafts at a time, switching every now and then within the week. I can work on 2-3 projects if they're in various stages, like one might be a revision while another an edit and so on.

    I carefully read submission policies. They vary so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a good way to do it. I usually work on one most of the week, then another for a couple of days. Sometimes I jot down notes for another, or do a little research.
      Yes, each publisher is different.

      Delete
  11. I drive my family nuts because I read several books at a time and write that way, too. They can't figure out which one I'm talking about. Good luck Beverly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've written two at once - one was fiction and one was non-fiction, so it was easy to keep them separate. Good luck with your submissions.

    ReplyDelete