Monday, July 27, 2015

TRUTH TELLER REVIEW

Quote for the week:  Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Today, I'm delighted to share another book I finished reading recently: TRUTH TELLER by Kurt Chambers. So, relax with an iced tea, coffee, or your favorite drink and snack and enjoy.


Mysterious Cover, Right?
 
TRUTH TELLER Review
By Kurt Chambers
 
Do you enjoy shopping in antique stores or grungy looking shops that you think you probably should stay away from, but something pulls you inside anyway? Have you ever spotted something that you just had to purchase, though you had no idea why?
In Author Kurt Chambers’ novel, TRUTH TELLER, ten-year-old Charlotte, her parents and six-year-old sister, Beth, are on holiday, when Charlotte  wanders  into an old shop where she sees a snow dome without snow. Inside the dome is a miniature planet revolving in slow motion. She really wants that dome. When an old man in the shop offers it to her for free, how can she refuse? The only catch is she must always tell the truth. If she only knew what lay ahead, she might have had second thoughts about accepting the dome. Or maybe not. Anyway, what follows is an adventure with elves, dark creatures, trolls, magic, danger and a lot more.
The author has created a fantasy world with all sorts of creatures, good ones and bad ones, exactly what a good story needs. I especially liked Elderfield, AKA Elder. He was so kind and helpful to Charlotte. The kind of big brother a girl should have. There’s plenty of action and some violence, along with gentle moments and humor.  So for your next reading adventure, follow along with Charlotte and Elder in TRUTH TELLER.
### 
Happy Reading!

22 comments:

  1. This sounds an excellent book to read. Also loved your quote something to think about.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Yvonne. The quote made sense to me. :)

      Delete
  2. Great quote for the day!

    Sounds like a fun and slightly dark read. And you're right, very mysterious cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katie. The story does have some dark moments; but Charlotte is such a great character you hope it all works out for her.

      Delete
  3. Can't go wrong with all kinds of creatures

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waving at Kurt! He's an old bud and I read his book quite a while ago. Good story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like a lot of people know him, Lee.

      Delete
  5. I read and loved this book. What a great story. I read the second book in the series and need to write my review. Thanks for the reminder! Wishing Kurt all the best. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Jess. :) I have several more reviews to write too. Haven't read the second book.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like an intriguing tale. I like the concept of finding this mysterious snow dome in an antique shop. (I love antique shops.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Antique shops are fascinating, Elizabeth. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. I like the sound of this story. I do love to go shopping in antique stores and an adventure like that sounds like it would be exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I, Chrys. The story does keep you reading.

      Delete
  8. I love the premise of this. Very Twilight Zone-ish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hadn't thought of the Twilight Zone in ages, Stephanie. A good comparison.

      Delete
  9. I used to be very fascinated with knickknacks as a child. This totally appeals to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is something magical about unusual objects, isn't here, Medeia. Especially when you're young.

      Delete
  10. Thank you so much, Beverly, for your awesome review :) I totally appreciate it! I'm so happy you got my story, it's the ultimate compliment. It makes all those years of hard work really worth the effort.

    *waves back* So many familiar faces in here :) Hi everyone! Thank you all for your kind words. Truth Teller is free everywhere if anyone would like a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My pleasure. It is a lovely story, just right for fantasy lovers and also, I think for everyone that enjoys a good story. Best of luck to you with your writing.

    ReplyDelete