Monday, July 13, 2015

SONS OF THE SPHINX TOUR AND RIPPLES IN THE INKWELL

I am delighted to host Author Cheryl Carpinello today for her tour of her latest novel SONS OF THE SPHINX.





BOOK SYNOPSIS

Two souls

Separated by three millennium

One with a gift that is more like a curse

One on an almost impossible quest

Destinies entwined; one seeks to find herself while the other seeks his lost queen. To succeed, the pair must right the injustices 3,000 years in the past.

Only together can they fulfill The Prophecy, but in the process they must defeat the Pharaoh Horemheb.

Dishonor and death are the fate of the defeated.
 
 
 
 
BOOK INFORMATION
TITLE – Sons of the Sphinx
SERIES – The Quest Books
AUTHOR – Cheryl Carpinello
GENRE – YA Historical Time Travel
PUBLICATION DATE – October 10, 2014
LENGTH (Pages/# Words) – 192/36,000
PUBLISHER – Beyond Today Educator
COVER ARTIST – Bernistevens Design
BUY & TBR LINKS

 
 
CHARACTER BIOS
 
Rosa: Hi! I’m Rosa. I’m 15 years old and a sophomore in high school. I’m your typical teenager—well, almost. I don’t have many friends anymore, but it’s hard to blame the other kids. If I was them, I’d probably steer clear of me too, at least most of the time. No one is ever mean to me; I’ve grown up with most of them, and on my bad days, they try to ignore me. Wish I could do the same to those who talk to me. Mostly I just shake my head and carry on. It helps that I have a sarcastic sense of humor.
 
My daily life consists of trying to pass all my classes, getting a date for school dances, and dealing with Nana’s gift nearly every day while I try not to lose my mind.
 
Tut: My name is Nebkheperure Tutanhkame. I ascended the throne of Egypt upon the death of my father, Pharaoh Akhenaten. There has been much speculation in modern day on my death. My concern is finding the final resting place of my beloved queen, Ankhesenamun and making right that which was wronged centuries ago.

EXCERPT
Before us, nearly filling up the room and taller than either of us, stands the golden shrine of Tutankhamun. I remembered what else lay in that room. Inside that shrine are three more, each a bit smaller than the outside one. All tucked inside each other like those nesting dolls from my grandmother’s childhood. Inside the last shrine were the four sarcophagi of Tut, each displaying him in golden and jeweled splendor.
The last one holds the famed mask of the golden boy. And beneath that, the body of the young pharaoh who now stands here before me. Beyond my understanding, he has been given back his human form, allowed to return one last time to restore honor to his family, one last time to find his true love. And here I am, trying to help, trying to understand, trying to stay alive. Will I ever be able to go home again? Or will I become as lost as Hesena?
 
AUTHOR BIO
I am a retired high school English teacher. A devourer of books growing up, my profession introduced me to writings and authors from times long past. Through my studies and teaching, I fell in love with the Ancient and Medieval Worlds. Now, I hope to inspire young readers to read more through my Quest Books set in these worlds.


AUTHOR FOLLOW LINKS
WEBSITE –Shared – http://www.adventurequestbooks.com
 
 
 
GIVEAWAY PRIZES
 
A $50 Amazon/PayPal GC
 

Congratulations, Cheryl.





This is also the second Monday of the month which means it's RIPPLES IN THE INKWELL time.


Ripples in the Inkwell #inkripples is a new monthly meme created by Kai Strand, Mary Waibel, and Katie L. Carroll. We’ll be posting on the second Monday of every month with a new topic. We’re all authors, but you don’t have to be to participate. Simply compose your post using the monthly theme, grab one of the images, and link back to the three of us. Make sure to use #inkripples when you play along and promote your posts. The idea is that we toss a word, idea, or image into the inkwell and each post is a new ripple. There’s no wrong way to do it!

July's theme is patriotism.


The themes for the rest of the year are:

August: Dog days/Things that drag you down
September: Fall/School
October: Fears/Things That Go Bump in the Night
November: Remembrance /Thankfulness
December: Celebration /Gifts


Patriotism may mean different things to different people. To me patriotism is honoring America, the country I live in. Also honoring the men and women that have dedicated their lives to our America. Sometimes a picture says it best.

 

Patriotism is standing up for America. No, America isn't perfect. It has its faults. Still, I'd rather live here than any other place in the world.

What does patriotism mean to you?

Don't forget to visit Kai, Mary and Katie to see what their thoughts are on patriotism.

Happy Reading!

If I don't respond quickly, remember I'm without Internet unless I go to the library.


 
 
 





26 comments:

  1. Excellent review of Cheryl's Book. Good luck and success to her,
    Altogether a wonderful post to read Beverly.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Yvonne!

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Yvonne. I'm at the library now to catch up a little. Internet will be installed on Thursday. Yay! Fingers crossed.

      Delete
  2. Congrats, Cheryl. Great cover indeed. Patriotism, what's that? lol Canada is rather laid back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Pat. I agree about the cover. Berni did a fabulous job.

      Delete
    2. Yes, Pat, but Canada has its own celebrations. A grand country.

      Delete
  3. I love books about Egypt! Sons of the Sphinx sounds interesting. Congrats, Cheryl!

    Perfect words about patriotism, Beverly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chrys. Thanks for stopping by. I read just about anything I find on ancient Egypt, fiction & non-fiction.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Chrys. I know little about Egypt, but my brother was stationed there during WWII. In fact, that's where he met his lovely wife. I have some coins and cards from Egypt.

      Delete
  4. Looks like a great read, Cheryl! Congrats!

    So glad to see you dropping a ripple, Beverly. Very well said about patriotism. I think it echoes a lot of my own thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Katie!

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Katie. Yes, I dropped a ripple or two. :) Patriotism is hard to put into words, for me.

      Delete
  5. Great to see Cheryl's book here!

    I love the image you posted. Bald eagles are so beautiful! So glad we didn't pick the turkey. Lol. Thanks for participating in inkripples again this month. Especially considering your extra challenge of no internet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Kai!

      Delete
    2. Yep, Kai, somehow a turkey just doesn't do it. :) You're welcome. I'm having fun with the inkripples. Thanks for letting me participate. Internet's supposed to be installed Thursday. Crossing my fingers. I've been waiting on another company for two months. They're out of luck. I hope.

      Delete
  6. Beverly, thank you for hosting us. I love the idea of Ripples in the Inkwell! Patriotism is always worth a celebration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, Cheryl. Your book looks great. I hope to read it when I catch up. Best of luck to you. It's been wild the past couple of weeks, without Internet.

      Delete
  7. Another interesting book is out. Congrats!

    Loved your post about patriotism, Beverly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many books I want to read, Lee. Sigh.
      Thanks. Patriotism is something to think about. :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for stopping by, Lee. One of these days I'm going to have to become just a reader again to catch up on all the books on my TBR list!

      Delete
  8. Sons of the Sphinx sounds cool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound great, doesn't it, Beth? I hope to read it someday. So many books. So little time.

      Delete
    2. Hi Beth. Thank you so much for stopping by!

      Delete