Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Welcome Wednesday. Thanks for stopping by. I have a couple of reviews for you today. Warning: They're kind of spooky, well, one is really spooky. The other one just a little. I'll let you figure out which is which. Enjoy

 
Spooky Cover!
 
 
GHOST TOUCH Review
By La Dragoni
 
What if at a certain time each night, your barn, garage, house was filled with ghosts? You say you don’t believe in ghosts. Okay. But what if?
In GHOST TOUCH, by Author La Dragoni, Tamara believes in ghosts. In fact, she has proof they exist. Every night ghosts appear in her barn, hundreds, thousands of them. It isn’t bad enough that she’s still grieving over her mother’s death a few months earlier, she has to find a way to get rid of the ghosts. Between having to deal with the ghosts, falling for Cal, a cowboy ghost, and discovering that Dex, the live guy she works with at her job, is rather appealing too, Tamara has plenty of trouble.
The author does a nice job describing Tamara’s confused state of mind as she struggles with decisions of what to do. I could picture the ghosts as they swarmed out of the barn. Shudder. Not a pretty sight. However, I kind of agreed with Tamara that the cowboy ghost, with his polite way of talking was nice, even though he was skinless, just bones, and had a cold touch. Perhaps this is a reminder that the outward appearance of a person is not as important as what’s in their heart. I  really liked Dex and hoped things would work out for Tamara and him. No, I’m not telling.
When the unexpected happens, Tamara’s life gets really interesting. I enjoy a book that makes me look at life and people in a different way. GHOST TOUCH does just that. I’m looking forward to more from La Dragoni.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Another Spooky Cover!



GODLAND (Review)

By Stuart R. West

If we could look behind closed doors, we might be surprised, even horrified, by what we see. Do we really know the family next door or the farmer in the country? Do we even care what they’re like, or is it easier simply to ignore those that might seem a bit different to us?

In Author Stuart R. West’s novel GODLAND, the reader meets a cast of characters that push the word “normal” to the limits. I’m not going to give anything away by describing each character, but the major players are people that you do not want as neighbors. There are a few characters that can be classified as “normal”, namely the teens Lindsay, Shannon and Gavin, well, as normal as teens are, but 300 pound Joshua, man-boy, 16 or 17 years old, will make you have nightmares or touch your heart or both. No, I can’t explain. You’ll have to read Joshua’s story to understand. For me, Joshua is the character that I wanted to help. I think you’ll understand why.

Mr. West is a master at creating characters that are so real you hope you never run into some of them on a dark street, or a daylight one for that matter. At least this reader has no desire to meet the real Edwin (father of Joshua) or his son. Are people really that warped? I guess so.

All I can say is read GODLAND with the lights on and even better with friends or family present to keep you in the real world. You certainly don’t want to get lost in GODLAND. I believe that the author has achieved his purpose of writing a story the reader will long remember and will avoid deserted country roads and lonely farm houses.

 
Happy Reading, No Nightmares!



24 comments:

  1. Both sound spooky. The second one more so as it could be real.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, it could be real, Alex, and probably is more than we realize.

      Delete
  2. The second one sounds more like my type of book :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The story will sure make you wonder if there are people like that, Karen. At least it did me.

      Delete
  3. When a book can make you feel jittery, you know it is written well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of Stuart's books that I've read are well written, Pat. You really can relate to the characters.

      Delete
  4. Very spooky Beverly, Great to be back but am struggling.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear from you, Yvonne. I've checked a few times and hoped all was well with you. You're in my prayers.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. They are, Anne Marie. I enjoyed them though I don't usually read spooky stories. Glad I read these.

      Delete
  6. Ooo, love both of these covers. Will have to check out the books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The covers sure do grab your attention, don't they, M Pax. I recommend both books.

      Delete
  7. I love spooky. I don't write spooky, but I love to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like spooky too, Stephanie, but don't have the imagination to write it.

      Delete
  8. Both look like great reads. I enjoy spooky books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you enjoy spooky books, Medeia, you should like these.

      Delete
  9. I think both of these sound scary! I think the 2nd one sounds even scarier to me because of what could be lurking behind closed doors. Thanks for sharing. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, it could be true, Jess. There are evil people in the world.

      Delete
  10. Oh, Beverly, you're the best at doing reviews. You must be a fast reader. I appreciate all your thoughts on a lot of books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thanks, Janet. I'm really a slow reader, but decided I needed to catch up. I have so many books on my iPad to review, so I'm trying.

      Delete
  11. I really like the sound of Ghost Touch. I love the idea of her falling for a ghost cowboy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a neat idea, Chrys. And the ghost cowboy is a great character. And not so scary.

      Delete
  12. I'm so happy to see a review for Stuart's book! He's a very good writer that doesn't get enough attention. Nice to read such a good review for La Dragoni too. Wishing both authors much success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stuart is a good writer, Lexa. I've read his Tex series too and really enjoyed those books. And I love La Dragoni's (AKA I know, do you know?) books too. :)

      Delete