Monday, June 15, 2015

THE GREAT TIME LOCK DISASTER REVIEW

Quote for the week: Life appears to me too short to be spent in nursing animosity, or registering wrongs. Charlotte Bronte


I read THE GREAT TIME LOCK DISASTER, Sequel to ALLIGATORS OVERHEAD, by C. Lee McKenzie in April and thought I'd posted my review here. But looking back I don't see it. April was the A to Z month, and animals were all I posted. So, here are my thoughts on this fun middle grade story by the fabulous C. Lee McKenzie. She just keeps writing the good ones.  Enjoy.

 
The perfect cover. Mysterious. What part does the clock play?
 

THE GREAT TIME LOCK DISASTER Review

By C. Lee McKenzie

 
Have you ever wanted to travel back in time or ahead to the future? What if you managed to do so but did not know the magic words to return back to your time? Well, Pete and Weasel, from ALLIGATERS OVERHEAD, are back and in trouble, again.

In THE GREAT TIME LOCK DISASTER, sequel to ALLIGTORS OVERHEAD, by Author C. Lee McKenzie, twelve-year-old Pete Riley thinks that he’s not a good wizard and he’s not a good kid. He seems to find trouble no matter what he does. When he accidentally unlocks a time lock, Pete and his friend Weasel find themselves in 1837 England with no clue how to return home.

I love the characters Pete and Weasel. They’re so real. Like normal kids, they make mistakes. Oh, as a wizard Pete is a bit different to most boys, adding more complications to his life. And, although I’m not normally a fan of alligators, Fanon is an exception. I wouldn’t mind having him for a pet. Descriptions of the places the boys visit are so vivid the reader, at least this reader, feels like she’s there, meeting the characters along with Pete and Weasel.

THE GREAT TIME LOCK DISASTER would be perfect for middle school libraries as well as your own library. I recommend this novel for readers that enjoy a good adventure story, with a bit of magic and characters you’d like to have as friends.

###

Amazon

Happy Reading

12 comments:

  1. Great to read Beverly,, trying to catch up on my commenting.
    Have a good day,
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Yvonne. I'm glad you're feeling better. Don't rush things though. You have a good one too.

      Delete
  2. Great when the characters can relate so much that you'd like to have them as friends

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bet, Pat. Writing great characters is one of Lee's strong points.

      Delete
  3. I still need to read Alligators Overhead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a fun read, Alex. Full of suspense and adventure.

      Delete
  4. Hi Beverly have nominated you for "The Creative Blogging Award" please read my latest post for all rules.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, how kind of you, Yvonne. Heading your way. Thanks.

      Delete
  5. I really enjoyed this book. Lee writes great MG and YA.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to make time to read this one. Great review, Beverly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelly. This is a great story. I think you'd enjoy it.

      Delete