Friday, June 19, 2015

THE CREATIVE BLOGGER AWARD

Fun Friday. Today is fun. Yvonne Lewis has nominated me for THE CREATIVE BLOGGER AWARD. I am to share five facts about myself. So, here goes.
 
 
 
1.  I was a majorette with the band in junior high and senior high school.
 
2.  I once fell off a mountain and landed on my head. I rest my case.
 
3.  I was an actress for one day and played Sleeping Beauty at summer camp. I was eight years old.
 
4.  My favorite dessert is Angel food cake, strawberries and Cool Whip sprinkled with almonds.
 
5.  I teach a ladies Sunday school class at my church.
 
Now, I'm to nominate 10 to 20 bloggers for THE CREATIVE BLOGGER AWARD. I'd love to give the award to all of you, and I am, in a way. Here's what I want you to do. If you want to tell us five facts about yourself, then accept this award and post on your blog at your convenience. Be sure to let us know so we can visit you. Also, thank the person that nominated you. Have fun.
 
Thank you, Yvonne, for this lovely award.
 
Have a great weekend, dear friends.
 
Happy Reading.

16 comments:

  1. Congrats on the award. That dessert is delicious, but that fall sounds very painful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Medeia. The fall was painful, but it was only a short distance. I was positive I had a concussion, but didn't. :) Just a small lump.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! Wow, on your head? Ouch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Alex. It's good to have a hard head. :) It was just a short distance, not all the way to the bottom of the mountain.

      Delete
  3. Yay for the award! And double yay that you survived such a fall. Yikes! I love that you were a majorette! I was on the flag drill team, and I loved it! Have a wonderful weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lexa. How neat that you were on the flag drill team. Such fun. Ah, the "good old days." :)

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on the award! I am so happy that Yvonne nominated you. :)

    You fell off a mountain? Jeez. I'm so glad you survived that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chrys. Yvonne is a sweet lady. Yes, I'm happy I survived too.

      Delete
  5. Congrats on the award, ouch to the head though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pat. Well, at least nothing was broken. And the fall was just a few feet. We were climbing around on the rocks and I'm very clumsy.

      Delete
  6. Congrats on the award. I never thought to put almonds on angel food cake. I need to try that. And ouch to falling on your head!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelly. I was trying to add more protein to my snack and tried the almonds. Very good.

      Delete
  7. I took baton class in second grade for about a year. I even went to the tournament. I don't think I did very well at it...but it was a fun experience. My mom couldn't afford ballet class and they were offering baton classes for relatively cheap at a local roller rink, so that's what all that was about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you had fun, Stephanie, that's what's important. Funny, I wanted to take ballet and acrobatics too, like one of my friends did, but my family couldn't afford it.

      Delete