Monday, June 8, 2015

INTRODUCING RIPPLES IN THE INKWELL

Quote for the week: I start drawing, and eventually the characters involve themselves in a situation. Then in the end, I go back and try to cut out most of the preachments. Dr, Seuss



Ripples in the Inkwell #inkripples is a new monthly meme created by Kai Strand, Mary Waibel, and Katie L. Carroll. We’ll be posting on the second Monday of every month with a new topic. We’re all authors, but you don’t have to be to participate. Simply compose your post using the monthly theme, grab one of the images, and link back to the three of us. Make sure to use #inkripples when you play along and promote your posts. The idea is that we toss a word, idea, or image into the inkwell and each post is a new ripple. There’s no wrong way to do it!

The themes for the rest of the year are:

June: Summer/Vacation
July: PatriotismInkwellHashtag2
August: Dog days/Things that drag you down
September: Fall/School
October: Fears/Things That Go Bump in the Night
November: Remembrance /Thankfulness
December: Celebration /Gifts


I was so excited to learn about this. It looks like fun. I hope I'm not doing anything wrong. Thank you Mary Waibel, Katie L. Carroll, and Kai Strand for the great idea.

June is Summer/Vacation

This summer I have no plans to travel anywhere, though that could change. I would enjoy visiting my son and daughter-in-law in Charleston, SC, but I'm not big on flying. A visit with my other son and daughter-in-law in California would be nice too. Again, the flying part I'm not crazy about. Both are too far for me to drive, so I'll stay home and pester my son that lives next door. Bless him. I'll also paint some places on the house that need it, pull weeds from the flowerbeds and watch the Rangers baseball games on TV or my computer.

My cats would be lonesome if I left them, anyway. I also should have edits soon for my middle grade novel Princess Breeze, due out in early 2016. And my middle grade historical novel A Family for Leona is waiting for a cover and then I'll need to promote it. Maybe June, maybe later.

So, a quiet, yet busy June for me.

How about your June? Any  big plans?

Visit Kai, Mary, and Katie to see what plans they have.

Happy Reading!


27 comments:

  1. We've been traveling this June: Spain and Portugal - part vacation, but part research for a book I'm writing, and my husband is a "serious amateur" photographer in his spare time. Then, when we return home, we have a nephew's wedding to go to. July will seem very quiet by comparison.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you've been having fun! Hope the rest of your summer is just as fun.

      Delete
    2. Spain and Portugal sound like wonderful places for a vacation, Elizabeth. Part of the fun of writing is visiting your settings. A busy June. Show us the pictures when you return.

      Delete
  2. What a fun idea, Beverly. Looks like great topics for the rest of the year.

    Enjoy your time at home this June. We seem to be on the go all the time so a quiet June sounds very nice:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure do look interesting, Karin. Yes, I'm content with staying home.

      Delete
  3. I might have to jump in on that next month.
    I am taking a vacation this week. Driving though. I also hate to fly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do get a chance to jump in next month, Alex. Enjoy your vacation!

      Delete
    2. I second Katie!

      Enjoy your vacation, and if you feel like it, share about it anytime this month and link to #inkripples.

      Delete
    3. Happy vacation, Alex. Safe driving.

      Delete
  4. I'm so excited you dropped a ripple in the inkwell with us, Beverly! (And, yes, you did everything perfect in the post.)

    Sounds like you've got a busy summer lined up even without a vacation planned. We aren't doing any long vacations this summer, but hope to do a bunch of day trips. And the hubby and I are trying to plan a much-needed night away from the little ones. Have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katie. When I saw your blog I thought it sounded like fun.
      With little ones short vacations work better. They tire so easily on the road. I remember driving to California when my boys were 3 and 5. A long journey for them.

      Delete
  5. Yay!! Thanks for joining in the ripples :-) There's no right or wrong way to do this, and your way was perfect.

    Seeing you aren't keen on flying, perhaps you could get your sons to visit you for a stay-cation. Good luck with all your summer plans, and hope your editing goes well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Mary. I'm having fun with the ripples.
      My sons do visit when they can, but one owns a business and it's hard to get away. The other one has kids that stay busy all summer with sports and surfing and such. They'll work me in sometimes. :)

      Delete
  6. I have no plans at all either, travel wise. Flying is a pain in the rump. Plus no one I trust available to watch the cats, so home I stay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the way I am with my cats, Pat. And Patches bullies Tiger so I have to keep a constant watch on her. He's too polite to fight back.

      Delete
  7. We are going to Grand Canyon, Zion and Bryce National Parks. I'm actually tent camping. ME! My nights will be long, but I can't wait for the day time! I'm so excited to experience the splendor.

    You'll be so busy with your new books you won't have time to lament the lack of vacation plans. Congrats to you!

    Glad you joined us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've driven past Grand Canyon on our way to California, Kai. Never stopped. Were always in a hurry to see the grandkids.
      I will be busy, if they ever come out. :)
      Thanks.

      Delete
  8. This sounds interesting. I'll have to sit back and watch to see how it works and unfolds. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Chrys. I really needed a change in my posts. The ripples seems to be fun.

      Delete
  9. I'm happy to help promote your upcoming releases. You're always welcome on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kelly. I appreciate your help.

      Delete
  10. I'm going to spend a lot of time at home this month. Summer vacation just started for me. I will be out of town next month, though.

    I hope I signed up for some of these titles or that you'll add forms soon. I'd love to help promote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember when I was teaching, Medeia, how I looked forward to summer vacation. Now, I'm on vacation all the time. :)
      Great. I haven't planned any promotion for the books yet, but I will let you know. Soon, I hope.

      Delete
  11. I don't like to be gone too long, because then I have to board my cat and I feel bad about doing that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand, L. Diane. One of my cats is sickly and would not do well if I left him. Never have. Hope I never have to.

      Delete
  12. I HATE flying! We're driving with my sister and brother-in-law from Nashville to Savannah, spending three nights, then driving to Charleston, where we're spending the 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th of July before starting back! I for some reason thrive on my daily schedule so trips always feel disruptive, but right now I NEED a getaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love Charleston, Stephanie. Haven't been in a while. Maybe one day ...
      I do better with a schedule too. The only way I accomplish anything. :)

      Delete