Friday, June 26, 2015

INFINITY DREAMS AWARD

This is Fun Friday. Are you ready for some fun after a busy week? I am. It's been a rough week. So, what is the fun? I know you just can't wait for me to tell you. I will.  Amazing Author Chrys Fey at Write With Fey has nominated me for The Infinity Dreams Award.  Thank you, Chrys. I'm honored.


Here are the rules:

1.  Thank the blogger who  nominated you.. 
2. Tell us eleven facts about yourself.
3.  Answer the questions that were set for you to answer.
4.  Nominate eleven bloggers and set questions for them.

Okay, if you're still with me, here goes.

I thanked Chrys above. If you haven't visited her site, please do so.

About me.

1.  I'm a retired teacher.
2.  I'm a mema and great mema.
3.  Blue is my favorite color.
4.  I cry when I read a sad book or watch a sad movie.
5.  I  enjoy genealogy and have researched my dad's family back to the kings and queens. My mother's family has been harder to trace.
6.  I'm a fourth generation Texan.
7.  I play the piano, and Beethoven likely does roll over when he hears me from his grave.
8.  I was Conservation Teacher of the Year in our district one year.
9.  My first published work was a poem in the anthology Young America Sings. I was in the 8th grade and my teacher sent it to a contest.
10. I hated to read when I was a kid.
11. And now I have no secrets, so this is the end.

Next, I'm to answer the questions that Chrys set for me. If you haven't fallen asleep yet, here goes:

1.  What is something you'd do tomorrow if money wasn't an object?
     I think I'd try to start a home or organization to find good homes for orphaned and/or abused children and maybe for dogs and cats too. There's a reason behind this that I hope to share with you soon.

2.  What is your biggest, wildest dream?
     To see one or more of my novels made into a movie.

3.  What are your goals for your blog next year?
    To come up with enough interesting stuff to post.

Okay, if your eyes are still focusing, we're almost finished. I'm to nominate eleven bloggers and set questions for them. Here are my bloggers, and I can choose however many I want to.

All of you that are so inclined to share your personal life with us are my nominations. It's easy. All you have to do is listed below:

Follow the rules above.

Be brave and answer these 3 questions.

1.  If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose?

2.  What would you do if you won $1,000,000?

3.  What are your plans for the future?

Are you having fun?

Happy Reading

20 comments:

  1. Most interesting facts about you Beverly. Congrats on the well deserved award.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, at least you give Beethoven so exercise by making him roll over lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now, I never thought of that, Pat. Thanks. :) He must appreciate me then.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! Funny you hated to read as a kid. Bet your teachers would be shocked now. And having a book made into a movie would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alex. My former teachers probably would never believe how much I read today. :)

      Delete
  4. You're very welcome, Beverly!

    Mema is a cute name for grandma. My mom would like that, but her grandkids already know her as grandma. Your ambition if money wasn't an object is a great one! And we have the same wildest dream. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't it be great if both of our dreams came true, Chrys? I'd love to say of your movie "I know the author." :)

      Delete
  5. I like the Mema, Beverly! My kids (and nephews/nieces) call my mom Moma:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karin. It seems kids often choose their own names for their grandparents.

      Delete
  6. I really enjoyed finding out more about you. Your father's family goes back to kings and queens? Wow!! It's wonderful that you want to help abused children and animals. I think you'd be very good at it. Congrats on the award and thanks for sharing interesting facts about your life! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finding royalty in your background isn't really too difficult, Lexa. When you go back to the 1100s, there are so many descendants, you have a good chance being one of them. They're fun to research.
      I have a tender heart for orphans. My mother was one. :)

      Delete
  7. It always fascinated me to hear a writer say they didn't enjoy reading as a kid. Mostly because I love to hear how that changed over time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I know, Kelly. I'm weird I guess. I don't recall having books in our home, but my younger sister checked books out from the library and was an avid reader. When I started teaching and our fifth-graders had to read Newbery books, I discovered the books were really fascinating. That's when my love of reading began. My writing too.

      Delete
  8. I'm actually glad to hear that an adult reader or writer didn't like books as a kid, because that gives me hope--many of my students don't like reading, although I see some of them catching the bug with me and I hope the ones who don't catch it later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, Medeia. I hope so too. Sometimes it just takes a little nudge or the right book or teacher. Wish I hadn't waited so long to discover how wonderful books are.

      Delete
  9. Beverly, it nice to learn more about you. As I suspected, you come from royalty :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Wanda. Now I have no secrets. :) Way back when. LIke half or more of the population can trace themselves to royalty. There are so many generations in between. Still, it's fun.
      Hope you're doing well. Any new books?

      Delete
  10. My mom got into genealogy recently and I couldn't figure out why. It turned out, she was angry that my dad said he didn't think she was really related to Jesse James. Everyone in Missouri says that, he says. She traced it on Ancestry.com and now has it in writing that we're related to him...although not descended directly from him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jesse James. That's awesome, Stephanie. See how much fun genealogy is. You never know who you're related to. A couple of my cousins were afraid I'd discover we were descendants of really bad guys. So far, I haven't found any if we are. :)

      Delete