Sunday, June 21, 2015

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY

Sunday Special!
 
 
 
Happy Father's Day.
You're in Heaven, but your memories are still with me.
I remember sitting in your barbershop, watching you cut men's hair.
I remember you taking me to Spudder baseball games when I was young and didn't even know what baseball was. I was with you. That was all that mattered.
I remember walking along the fence of the high school football games with you. I knew nothing about football, but loved the band.
I remember vacations we went on, to the seashore and to the mountains.
I remember your words of encouragement when I was heartbroken.
You were the best dad ever.
I love you.
For always and always!



12 comments:

  1. Lovely words Beverly, ones I can relate to.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Yvonne. I know you can. Blessings.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like an awesome father indeed

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a great tribute.
    See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alex. Yes, tomorrow. An exciting day.

      Delete
  4. Aww. How sweet. Sounds like you had an incredible father.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stephanie. He was and I was Daddy's girl.

      Delete
  5. What lovely memories. :) Hard to miss the people we love, but always important to look back on the times we shared.
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jess. I'm thankful I have such wonderful memories.

      Delete