Wednesday, June 24, 2015

DIVINE DINING BY JANET K BROWN

Welcome Wednesday. How is your week so far? After the beautiful rains over the past couple of months, we now have lovely sunshine, temperatures in the 90s and mosquitoes, as well as snakes. We have to take the "bad" (mosquitoes and snakes) along with the "good." And one of the "good" I want to share with you is DIVINE DINING, by Janet K. Brown.

 
A  365 Day Devotional by Janet K. Brown

 


Her passion for diet, fitness, and God's Word inspired her to help others in their search for a weight loss method that is in keeping with what the Lord wants for us. To the thousands of men and women who strive to be Christians, but suffer from compulsive overeating they can't control . . . THERE IS HOPE!
 
 
And let me tell you, it's not just for dieters of food. Ms. Brown has devotionals that touch all aspects of our lives.
 
June 24 and 25, you can get a Kindle copy of the book free.
Now that is a great deal!
 
 
 
 
I'd also like to share my review from a couple years ago.
 
 

DIVINE DINING Review

 
By Janet K. Brown
 
Book stores, both brick and mortar and online, are filled with devotional books, daily scripture books, and books of encouragement on just about every subject you can think of. Author Janet K. Brown’s DIVINE DINING is one of the best I’ve read. It deals with controlling what you eat.


Okay, I admit I’m a sugarholic. Anything sweet, especially chocolate, calls to me. I also admit that I’ve never had a weight or overeating problem. I try to eat healthy foods. So why does this book appeal to me? First, the author starts each day’s devotion with a scripture. These verses from the Bible apply to all aspects of our lives, not just what we eat. For instance, we read on June 15, John 15:6 “If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered and men gather them and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.” Next, the author tells a short story relating to this verse and how she applies it to her life. She closes with a prayer. She does each day of the year this way, with stories and her experiences. And there’s something there for everyone.


I could go on with other great examples, but you’ll enjoy DIVINE DINING more if you read it for yourself. I think you may see similarities to your life in some of the stories. I have. This would make a great gift for friends and family, especially those struggling with a difficult issue in their lives. The book will help them realize they’re not alone and with God’s help they will succeed in achieving their goals.

###

Don't forget to get your copy. For free.

Happy Reading!



19 comments:

  1. Hi Beverly, pleased your weather has changed .
    This book and author sounds excellent. There is much to be said about Divine Healing without resorting to medications. Enjoyed the post, Excellent.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Yvonne. I truly believe losing a lot of weight begins with what's between our ears. It's not the food, it's the stinking thinking.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Yvonne. Hope you're feeling great today.

      Delete
  2. Well that is a neat way to mix two subjects together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Pat, Beverly is an expert at blogging whatever the topic. Ha!

      Delete
    2. Oh, yeah. I'm a good mixer, Pat.
      Thanks for the kind words, Janet. :)

      Delete
  3. I'm a vegetarian and I eat a ton of fruits and veggies and other healthy stuff, but I can't pass up sweets and chocolate. This is an interesting concept for a weight loss book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweets are always my hot button, too, Chrys. Why should we not have some? It's not the food. I think the trick is prioritizing. I look at ice cream (which isn't my favorite) & say no, I don't want to waste my calories, but when served a piece of cheesecake, well, I assume 1/2 that slice would probably be good for me mentally.

      Delete
    2. My sister's a vegetarian, Chrys. I've been thinking about it. Sweets are my problem, too. The day's just not complete with sugar.
      You have good advice, Janet.

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much, Beverly. I appreciate your kind words. I was hoping to get out the word so more can get a copy of this book. Hope it helps many people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're quite welcome, Janet. My pleasure to help spread the word.

      Delete
  5. I need something healthy. Sweets do me in every time, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is it about sweets, Stephanie? I try to eat healthy until those tasty cakes, pies, etc. look me in the eye.

      Delete
    2. I really see a spike in my attitude when I eat more fruits & veggies & leave off the sugar, but some days it's impossible.

      Delete
    3. Lately, I've been trying to lay off so many sweets. I like fruit and veggies, but they don't satisfy like chocolate does. :)

      Delete
  6. The word snake is a curse in my world. Hate those things.

    Great review, Beverly. You really do write incredible reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I, Kelly. Thanks, I enjoy writing reviews.

      Delete
  7. I just downloaded a copy. I'm a sugarholic, too. I need to reduce that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, Medeia. I think you'll enjoy the book. Sugarholic's unite. :)

      Delete