Monday, May 18, 2015

THE SHADOW OF THE UNICORN II REVIEW

Monday Musings
 
Well, we prayed for rain. God answered. The lake levels are rising. Our pond has overflowed its banks. Our son has stocked it with fish, the way it used to be. I'll post pictures Wednesday.
 
Along with the good, there sometimes is the bad. It was a wild weekend. Tornado warnings, dark clouds, more rain. Warnings went out to get to your storm shelters. I sat in the closet and listened to the TV weatherman  tell what was happening. I also wondered how I'd get two cats into the closet. You know how independent cats are. Let me tell you, God answers prayers. The circulation in the clouds never touched the ground. Pictures later shown on TV were spooky. But our little town and the areas around were safe. Oklahoma did not fare so well. Some areas there have had a rough spring.
 
Saturday afternoon, before the weather advisories, I had a book signing. Will tell about it on Wednesday too.
 
But for now, I have a review to share with you. Remember the interview I did last week with Suzanne de Montigny? Today, I'm reviewing her lovely book. So relax for a few minutes and enjoy.
 
I think unicorns are lovely animals and this cover proves it.
 
The Shadow of the Unicorn: The Deception (The Shadow of the Unicorn Series Book 2) Review
By Suzanne de Montigny
Once upon a time, in a magical land, there lived magical creatures. Like most animals, whether real or magical, they wanted to live and be happy with their families. Sometimes, however, dangers threaten and creatures, animal or human, have to learn who to trust and how to face their challenges.
In Author Suzanne de Montigny’s novel THE SHADOW OF THE UNICORN II: THE DECEPTION, written for middle grade readers, we meet some of these magical animals and some not so magical humans. The book opens with the birth of Ulysses, the colt of Unicorns Icarus and Sarah. As Ulysses grows and learns the ways of his family of unicorns he also discovers secrets that he wants answered. So Ulysses and his friend Teo set out to find the truth. On the way they encounter humans and a dinosaur and get themselves into more trouble than they could ever have imagined.
Suzanne de Montigny has written a lovely story of family and bravery. The unicorns can do magical things, but they also seem real, like flesh and blood animals. They’re so likeable that I think having one of my own, not just as a pet but as a friend, since they can talk, would be great. When Ulysses faced danger, I faced it with him. Every step of the way I hoped he’d make the right decisions.
As much as I liked the first book in the series, this novel was even better. Even though it’s written for children, I think all ages will enjoy reading THE SHADOW OF THE UNICORN II: THE DECEPTION. I believe you will fall in love with the unicorns.  And who wouldn’t like a big old dinosaur from years and years ago? Also, if you haven’t read the first book, THE SHADOW OF THE UNICORM: THE LEGACY, BOOK I, what are you waiting for?
 ###
Find the book here:
 
 
They’re also available at all major book sites like Kobo, Nook, iBooks, or MuseItUp Publishing.

Happy Reading.
 


18 comments:

  1. A great review and a great book by Suzanne.
    Happy a lovely day Beverly.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine trying to get two cats into the closet wouldn't be easy lol glad nothing happened. A great review too, always great when the next one is better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cats are pretty independent, Pat. They'd probably win. Thanks, it's a good story.

      Delete
  3. I love unicorn books! I am adding this one to my TBR list. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm envious, Beverly. You guys have rain! When you've had enough please blow those clouds out west, will you?
    I love unicorns and I always wanted them to visit me. The closest I can come to that kind of visit is to read about them. This book sounds delightful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sending the clouds your way, C lee. Hang in there. Rain will happen, soon, for you. My youngest son that lives in Southern California says they really need the rain there too.
      Unicorns are such interesting creatures.

      Delete
  5. "Unicorns, unicorns, unicorns I love them..." Despicable Me! Haha, great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe you do love unicorns, Anne Marie. So do I. Thanks.

      Delete
  6. So glad tornadoes didn't touch down there!
    We got our share of rain with the tropical storm a while back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thankful too, Alex. The rains been great; the storms not so much.

      Delete
  7. It is a new way to see this matter. It is interesting as well. http://www.bellofpeace.org

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry about the bad weather but congrats on the signing. This book looks good. Unicorns are fascinating creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry you had such scary weather. I am glad you and the cats were safe. :)

    I love unicorns and this series sounds like one I will love. Such a beautiful cover and your review made me very interested in the story. Thanks for sharing!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jess. It's been bad but other places are worse.
      The unicorn books are well written and I've enjoyed them. You're welcome

      Delete