Tuesday, May 12, 2015

SUZANNE DE MONTIGNY AND THE SHADOW OF THE UNICORN II

First, I must apologize to Suzanne and all her readers. This post is late, and I'm steaming angry with my Internet Provider. I've been without the Internet for four days. They say they're working on the tower. Okay. I understand. We've had storms, lightning, tornadoes. I guess lightning struck the tower. No one's fault. However, four days? That's all I'm saying.

Now to more pleasant matters.


I am excited to welcome Author Suzanne de Montigny to my blog today. Suzanne is here to tell us all about her latest novel for young readers, The Shadow of the Unicorn: The Deception (The Shadow of the Unicorn Series Book 2). As much as I enjoyed reading The Shadow of the Unicorn: The Legacy, the first book in the series, this one was even better. I’ll let Suzanne tell you all about it. Leave a comment to win an ebook edition of the novel.

 Take a look at the video:

http://youtu.be/xZgQSBowrFE

 

 
Isn't this a beautiful cover? Sure makes a person want to learn more about this unicorn.
 

The Shadow of the Unicorn: The Deception (The Shadow of the Unicorn Series Book 2) is the second book in your series about unicorns for mg/tween readers. Why did you decide to write about unicorns? (I love them and am happy you did.)

 


 
Well…when I was a kid, I loved horses. I lived, ate, and breathed horses, but alas, never got to own one. So I wrote a novella about a unicorn for a grade six project. Then for years, carried that little booklet around with me everywhere I lived. Then, one day, I found the first four chapters of a full version I had started writing as a teen. When I read it, I exclaimed out loud, “A psychic dinosaur?” A few days later, I began writing a new version. Two weeks later, I had my first very bad draft that I kept improving upon until it was accepted for publication.

 

 
 
 
 
How many books will be in the series? And when can we expect to see them?
 

Sigh. Originally I planned to make it a trilogy. The second one, The Shadow of the Unicorn II: The Deception, was released as an e-book on St. Patrick’s Day, and I’m in the process of writing the third entitled The Shadow of the Unicorn: The Revenge. But, my unicorns are calling for a couple more books. So we’ll see…

 



 

I say “Listen to your unicorns, Suzanne." The more the better. Have you written other books or short stories?

 

Yes. (Rubbing my hands together and smiling wickedly.) I have this awesome fiddling mystery about a child prodigy in classical violin (Kira) growing up in a small British Columbian town. Her father’s just died and the money needed to buy her violin to complete her diploma must be used to pay expenses. Then this strange fiddler with pale blues eyes shows up at her dad’s funeral. Within days, she’s taken the town by storm with her mysterious Celtic fiddling. But when someone begins vandalizing the town, leaving dead and gutted birds as a calling card, only Kira seems to know who the culprit is.

 

 

What is your favorite way to promote your books?

 

Sell them in person. I find it’s the personal connection that works with kids’ books. I do a lot of school visits and book signings.

 

 

When you’re not writing, what do you like to do for fun?

 

I love snowboarding, cycling, and playing music.

                                             

 

Where can we learn more about you? Website? Blogs?

 





 

 

Where can we purchase your lovely books?

 


 

and

 


 

They’re also available at all major book sites like Kobo, Nook, iBooks, or MuseItUp Publishing.

 

Thanks, Suzanne, for sharing your story and your life with us. I’m looking forward to more work from you and wish you all the best with your writing.

16 comments:

  1. Sorry about your Internet had problems myself a whileback.
    What a wonderful Book Suzanne has written, should do very well.
    Grand post to read. and welcome back Beverly.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Yvonne. I'm not back totally. Still have no Internet at home. I'm at the library using their WIFI. Didn't know they had it until the sweet librarian told me I could use it. Maybe soon.

      Delete
  2. Four days must really be annoying indeed. Mother nature can be a pain. What an awesome cover indeed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still no Internet, Pat. I've ordered from a new provider. They will install next week. Guess I'd better not worry about the small things. :)

      Delete
  3. There's something infinitely magical about unicorns. Sounds like a great book! And oh how I can relate to Internet problems. (Comcast? That's what we have!) We moved and they were such complete screw ups. Turned out every time you call, you get someone overseas...and they have no idea what's going on but they pretend they do. Finally he yelled at people until he was connected with someone here in town and she got a supervisor to get someone out here...we both work from home. If it's Comcast, I'd recommend telling them you want to speak to someone local until they put someone on. They can fool you--they sound American and even have fake American names.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These days you just can't trust anyone, it seems, Stephanie. I have Clear, but I ordered a new set up from Hughes Net this morning. People in the country are limited to providers. We have to have the satellite. They'll install next week and it's goodbye, Clear.

      Delete
  4. Sorry about your Internet!
    If the unicorns want more than three books, let them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm at the library using their WIFI now. Trying to check in, but it's still stormy and rainy outside so will go home soon. If I don't respond right away, be patient. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great book, Suzanne! Best of luck with it.

    Don't be too mad, Beverly. We understand it's out of your control. I have DSL through our phone provider (yes, I still have a land line, crazy, right?) We experience far fewer outages than my friends on cable or satellite. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, having a land line isn't crazy, Kai. I still have one. My cell is mostly for emergencies. I barely know how to use it. I'm changing providers. They're supposed to install the satellite next week. I hope it works better.

      Delete
  7. The winner of a copy of Suzanne's The Shadow of the Unicorn is ... drum toll, please .... Kai Strand. An email has been sent to you, Kai. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm, that should be drum roll. :( My fingers work faster than my brain.

      Delete