Wednesday, May 13, 2015

CHRYS FEY BOOK TOUR

Today I have the pleasure of hosting Chrys Fey on her book tour. I'm doing this at the library, using their WIFI again, since I still do not have Internet service. Enough of that.

Please welcome Author Chrys Fey.


Thank you, Beverly, for letting me borrow your blog for
the day to share a bit about my newest short story, Ghost of Death.

Pizza is significant in my short story, Ghost
of Death
. To find out why, you’ll have to read it for yourself. ;) But
I love to make pizza from scratch. It’s fun to do whatever you want and it’s a
great food project for kids. Being a vegetarian, I like to load on the veggies
and I tend to get creative with what ingredients I use.

10
Pizza Toppings You Probably Never Considered:

1. Broccoli
2. Zucchini
3. Yellow squash
4. Eggplant
5. Hotdogs (for kids)
6. Refried beans (for taco pizza)
7. Yellow, orange, and/or green tomatoes
8. Alfredo sauce (in place of tomato sauce)
9. Cheddar cheese (instead of or mixed with mozzarella)
10. Ranch dressing (I use this as a dip.)


QUESTION:
What’s
your favorite pizza topping(s)?


Title: Ghost of Death
Author: Chrys Fey
Genre: Supernatural/Suspense
Format: eBook Only

Page Count: 41 (short story)
Release Date: April 22nd, 2015
Publisher: The Wild Rose Press

Blurb:

Jolie Montgomery, a twenty-one-year-old woman, wakes up
in an alley next to her corpse. She has no memories of her murder or the night
she died. She didn’t even see the killer’s face before he or she took her life.
Wanting justice, Jolie seeks answers in the only way a ghost can...by stalking
the lead detective on the case.

Avrianna Heavenborn is determined to find the person
responsible for a young woman’s death. She gets closer to the killer’s identity
with every clue she uncovers, and Jolie is with her every step of the way.

But if they don’t solve her murder soon, Jolie will be an
earth-bound spirit forever.






Book Links:

Excerpt:

            With the sound of her mom’s grief
wafting up to her, Jolie came to terms with her present state. I’m dead and now my mom knows it. She eyed
the door in front of her. She hadn’t yet walked through a door, but if her hand
could pass through metal then she knew she could move
through wood.
If I have to be a ghost then I’ll be a
damn good one. All across the afterlife I’ll be known as the Ghost of Death!
And I’m going to start by walking through this damn door!
            She would’ve taken a
deep breath to brace herself if she could have, so she mentally pumped herself
up instead. You can do it! Easy-peasy.
Nothing to it.
And she took a step forward. Solid matter slipped around and
through her form. On the other side, a familiar site confronted her: a black
and white bed, the bright green shag carpet in the middle of the room, and a
white desk.
            Stepping up to her desk, Jolie eyed
her ancient desktop computer, the one she used before her dad gifted her with a
laptop when she announced she was accepted to the local university. Wanting to
send out the first ever tweet from the afterlife, she pushed the button to
bring the device to life, but her finger poker straight through it. Resigning
to her Twitter-less fate, she moved toward the full-length mirror hanging on
the wall. She saw nothing. Not even a shimmer in the air hinted at her
presence.
            Being
a ghost sucks!


Available
for PRE-ORDER:


Blurb:

Detective Reid Sanders doesn’t believe in the
supernatural, but when he’s faced with a crime scene that defies the laws of
nature, he has no other choice but to start believing. And solving a magical
murder involves working with a witch.

Liberty Sawyer embodies the look of your classic evil
witch, so, it’s no surprise when she uncovers the murderer is a witch that she
becomes Reid’s number one suspect. If she can’t convince him otherwise, more
people could lose their lives to dark magic, including her.

Book
Links:



BIO:

Chrys Fey is the author of Hurricane Crimes and 30
Seconds. She is currently working on the sequel to Hurricane Crimes that’ll
serve as book two in the Disaster Crimes series.

When Fey was six years old, she realized her dream of
being a writer by watching her mother pursue publication. At the age of twelve,
she started writing her first novel, which flourished into a series she later
rewrote at seventeen. Fey lives in Florida where she is waiting for the next
hurricane to come her way.

You can connect with her on Facebook and her blog, Write
with Fey. She loves to get to know her readers! 








Author Links: 

Thank you for having my on your blog, Beverly. You rock!



33 comments:

  1. Ranch dressing makes a great dip.
    I'm a big fan of BBQ chicken on pizza.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does! Yum. ;)

      I've never tried BBQ chicken...probably because I'm vegetarian, but it does sound good. I can admit that. ;)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for having me on your blog today, Beverly! And the fact that you had to go to the library to do this for me. I appreciate it. I see the HTML code didn't work that well for you. I don't know why it works on some blogs and not on others. Hmm. Oh well! :D Thanks again for having me as your guest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm stubborn, Chrys, and when I say I'll do something, I'll do it if at all possible. Since I'm on WIFI that might have made a difference in the HTML, or it could just be me. Usually the HTML works fine. I'm at the library again. I may just move in here. Anyway, best of luck with your books. They're on my TBR list that is about to topple over.

      Delete
    2. I appreciate your dedication, Beverly. That's okay! I wouldn't worry about it. I know just what you mean about your TBR list. Mine is a mile high. ;) Thank you!

      Delete
  3. A wonderful post for a great writer. I am a follower of Chrys and always find her blogs full of interest,

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chrys is an inspiring lady and writer, Yvonne. I always enjoy her blogs.

      Delete
    2. Thanks you so much, Yvonne! :)

      Delete
  4. That was a lot of spaces lol Broccoli on pizza? I eat broccoli but never thought about it being on pizza

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can I plead that this WIFI and I don't get along, Pat? :) Blame the spaces on the Internet?

      Delete
    2. I love making veggie pizzas and broccoli is surprisingly good on pizza.

      Delete
  5. So happy to see Chrys here! I haven't made pizza from scratch very often- but I do love pizza. My favorite toppings are vegetables for sure. I like them piled high. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and I could probably make the best pizzas, Jess. :)

      Delete
    2. It's so nice to make your own pizzas. I buy mine at the deli.

      Delete
  6. Yes, I remember the pizza angle in the story. I've never made pizza from scratch, but I love ordering it. I love mushrooms on mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ssh! ;)

      Mushrooms are the one thing I can't stand.

      Delete
    2. Now I know I've got to read the book, Medeia, and see what the pizza has to do with it.

      Delete
  7. Congratulations to Chrys! And what strange toppings. I'm pretty standard when it comes to pizza. Mushrooms and bacon are my favorite toppings. And lots of cheese. Tons of it! I've had goat cheese on one before and it's good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christine! I don't like mushrooms, so you won't see a single one on any of my pizzas. ;) I've never had goat cheese before...

      Delete
    2. Cheese is good, Christine.
      Everyone seems to like your pizzas, Chrys.

      Delete
  8. I would've never thought of hotdogs on pizza, but I bet my kids would love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard of that one either, Sherry. Sounds kid friendly though.

      Delete
    2. Kids could eat hot dogs on anything. ;)

      Delete
  9. Great excerpts. I am a veggie fan and my kids are not so we make our own pizza a lot. I like to use pesto sauce when I cannot get fresh basil. A tangy cheese like blue and goat are good to mix with asagio and mozzarella.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of these recipes are making me crave pizza. Sounds yummy, Kat.

      Delete
    2. Pesto sauce is yummy! Thanks for sharing your pizza toppings with us, Kat! :)

      Delete
  10. And this is the way it should have been in the first place, ladies and gentlemen. The Internet I was using since mine stopped working must have been the culprit that messed the formatting all up. It kept bugging me so I decided to see if I could get it right. Sigh. I'll never understand the Internet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!!! haha The internet is baffling. Thanks for fixing it. :)

      Delete
    2. No problem. I just can't stand things that are not the way they should be.

      Delete
  11. I enjoyed the post. Thanks, Beverly & Chrys. The book sounds exciting. Love pizza. Thanks for the tips. I like the idea of using hot dogs & Cheddar cheese on them. My favorite pizza is made with grilled chicken, green peppers, onions, & mushrooms. Mmm. I'm getting hungry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed Chrys' post, Janet. Your grilled chicken pizza sounds good. Will have to try it.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for visiting, Janet! Green peppers and onions are two toppings I love to add to my pizza too. :)

      Delete